What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My other half is Soda.

LOL

For the last three weeks I've been shaving with a one pass wtg shave using the Gillette Slide. I'll pull lather over any spots I think need a another going over doing just a little light clean up. I still have the rotation from Hades, but at least I'm doing the shave routine of most of our grandfathers. The result is definitely dfs and more than satisfactory.
There is something too this. DFS is more than good enough. Sometimes I try for more, but I think it's easier, less time consuming and healthier for my skin to stop at DFS. I've been working on the Gillette Slide too.

I keep it simple, I have 3 Chiseled Faces I want to use up... They are great, but I want simple... Its MWF and Williams for me.

AS, is Aqua Velva, Pindaud Whiskey Woods or Special Reserve.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
LOL

There is something too this. DFS is more than good enough. Sometimes I try for more, but I think it's easier, less time consuming and healthier for my skin to stop at DFS. I've been working on the Gillette Slide too.
I think so. The Gillette Slide is not only efficient it's fun. Question: If you do the Gillette Slide with a Slant does it turn it into a regular DE? :wink2:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Actually, it felt quite natural once you get over the concept of putting a razor sharp piece of steel to your throat so early in the morning that you can't even spell your own name. :tongue_sm

I think @Shave_Rat uses the same stroke.

I think so. The Gillette Slide is not only efficient it's fun. Question: If you do the Gillette Slide with a Slant does it turn it into a regular DE? :wink2:

Depends on which way you slide. I found that my slide "de-slanted" my Maggard Slant and added the Guillotine to my V3A. I know - I'm a bit weird.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I found that my slide "de-slanted" my Maggard Slant

That’s why I said the answer was yes or no. It depends on how you slant the slant. You can increase the skew or decrease it until there is none.

I joke around but “yes or no” was no joke.

That’s why I said the answer was yes or no. It depends on how you slant the slant. You can increase the skew or decrease it until there is none.

I joke around but “yes or no” was no joke.

I caught that. Your answer was flip but accurate.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wood, the fuel that heats you twice...once when you stack it, and once when you stack it again.
I'm finally figuring out my wood burner. This is my 3rd season with it.

Every stove has it's own personality. How much headspace, how it reacts to atmospheric pressure..... a million little things. It ALWAYS takes me well into the second season with a new stove to get the best efficiency figured out.

The biggest challenge with this one is the fact that it's a furnace, not a stove. Has a HUGE firebox, and trying to figure out all the ratios of wood to air, etc, liked to drive me nuts.

But I love the price of heat, lol.

He got that at the barber, who did all the reading. Disposable product culture eliminated barbershops from our lives, so we do what we can at home.

I wouldn't say that about the disposable culture doing away with barber shops as there is 6 that I know of in my half a horse town of kettering in middle England.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm back again, sorry.

Blame the @Boghopper !

He outright challenged me to try a Nacet. Would not leave me be! So basically it's his fault I'm back.

I had fully intended to shave with a brush, but I had to either take a shower or be dunked at the dog pound, and I was short on time Friday afternoon for an evening event that the lovely War Department had committed us to.

So, I gave that blade every chance to give me a bad shave. I shaved in the shower, and I rubbed some no name liquid soap on my face.

Usually a GSB is an okay blade for me fresh from the wrapper, and I was hoping for a similar experience with the Nacet.

Imagine my surprise when it felt as nice as a GSB on shave number 2!

Incredibly smooth, no irritation post shave.

I have a plan for it's next use, with some lovely stuff I've never used and everyone loves, that was given me by @martym !

I can ONLY imagine how much Arko would love this blade!

I'm back again, sorry.

Blame the @Boghopper !

He outright challenged me to try a Nacet. Would not leave me be! So basically it's his fault I'm back.

I had fully intended to shave with a brush, but I had to either take a shower or be dunked at the dog pound, and I was short on time Friday afternoon for an evening event that the lovely War Department had committed us to.

So, I gave that blade every chance to give me a bad shave. I shaved in the shower, and I rubbed some no name liquid soap on my face.

Usually a GSB is an okay blade for me fresh from the wrapper, and I was hoping for a similar experience with the Nacet.

Imagine my surprise when it felt as nice as a GSB on shave number 2!

Incredibly smooth, no irritation post shave.

I have a plan for it's next use, with some lovely stuff I've never used and everyone loves, that was given me by @martym !

I can ONLY imagine how much Arko would love this blade!

Don’t go bringing lemon pledge into this discussion.

Top Bottom