What's new

Just like Grampa used to shave

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Man, have I been gone a long time! I'll try to post a gross picture of my Marvy brush I took the other day.
IMG_20200302_131818126.jpg

Ain't that gross?

I used it right after that, I've now put 47 shaves on that GSB. My last shave was yesterday, which was with a different brush, from I think @shavefan ?

I used Williams with the brush from @shavefan . I'm going to not rinse his brush, but I'll post a picture of it hanging from a nail in the bathroom. It has 2 uses on it with the Williams. Wish me luck on the photo!
15835282999831473661524568180170.jpg

So here's the question: which brush will out live me?

And another: how mad will the War Department be when she has to throw out all my stuff when I die, or will she just throw it all in the hole with me?

FarmerTan

@BudgetShaverGuy ! Hey man! I finally used that Omega brush you sent me! Phenomenal brush! I face lathered something, can't remember what, but in your honor it wasn't Arko! But I couldn't find the Palmolive stick you sent me.... I think it was whatever is growing in my Petri dish, the samples that @A. Feitar sent me.

But that Omega didn't shed a hair. Feels awesome too.

I made sure to rinse it well and hide it from the War Department. She is trying to impose "Minimalism" on me! I told her she will have about as much luck at that as getting me to give up my 2024 campaign for President.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
And another: how mad will the War Department be when she has to throw out all my stuff when I die, or will she just throw it all in the hole with me?
That would be easiest. Less dirt to move. LOL The downside being the hole will keep settling and stand out from the rest of the lawn.

I've left my brush go a day or two just to do, it, but I like to rinse it clean each time.

That would be easiest. Less dirt to move. LOL The downside being the hole will keep settling and stand out from the rest of the lawn.

I've left my brush go a day or two just to do, it, but I like to rinse it clean each time.

hey the upside you wouldn't have to cut the grass as it would come up ready shaved .

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've been following a thread started by @FaceScraper about using used soaps. Yes, I'm aware that the end of that last sentence sounds awkward. And that got me to thinking about another thread in which someone was worried about getting anthrax from a used, all bent up brush. Which got me to thinking how big a sissy my old dad would think of me worrying about such things, and how stupid he'd think I was for thinking of shaving as a "hobby!" Can you imagine?

So, with all that in mind, and how at least once a day someone alludes to shaving like their grampa did, I remembered all those brushes that are a hundred years old that are bent that we bid each other up on at that auction house by the Bay. Well, I recently found a brush that was a shedder that I was too cheap to throw out, hidden in the other bathroom so the War Department wouldn't throw it out. I used it to lather a soap sample from @shavefan , and left it sitting in the bowl. The next day, it looked like it had been sitting there for a hundred years, and I thought "I should sell this as a genuine antique!" But, I couldn't bring myself to stoop so low, and decided on this: I'm gonna just use this brush and this bowl to whip up lather with, and never rinse either, and just add soaps and creams to it and see what grows in it. Oh, I'll dump out extra water, but that's it. Why?

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW GRAMPA DID IT!
That is exactly how I treat my Omega boar brush. It is a shaving brush not a religious icon! After eleven years of treating it like an unfaithful wife, it is more wonderful than the day I got it.

FarmerTan

I'm on board with that. Send me a yard sign.

I do hope there will be no improprieties such as Turkish interference in the election. Let's not kid ourselves, it could happen. They know Arko sales would skyrocket were you to be elected.

" I'm FarmerTan, and I approve this message."

FarmerTan

I shaved today with an incredible soap today, a sample sent me by @Chandu : some vintage Williams. I had mentioned that I had finally found some of the new stuff in a local grocery store and found it to be a really good soap. He generously offered me a sample of the vintage, and in a word: WOWSA!

I didn't notice much difference in the way they lathered, or how they felt on my face, but the blade cut through my 2 or three day growth like a hot knife through butter. Incredible, and I think the second pass was nearly unnecessary, to be honest. That blade really performed in my old Gillette long comb. Post shave feel was like I'd had a facial! Just an overall wonderful shave.

Followed it up with a strange brew of one part vintage Avon Blend 7, one part vintage Avon Deep Woods, and 2 parts Dollar General's version of Brut.

I should have been a perfumer dude, as the War Department said she liked it!

Top Bottom