What's new

Just how smooth are Timeless Titanium razors?

I recently bought an SS Scalloped Open Comb but did not like the weight as I prefer lighter razors and sold it before using it more than twice.

Within the last few weeks I discovered injectors and have been getting smoother shaves than any combintion of over 100 different DE and SE razors tried prior(except for the Alumigoose)

As I am completely fascinated by the stunning beauty of the new released polished Titanium which fits my preference for lighter razors......is there anyone who can speak to a comparison of how close a Timeless in TI could come where other DE/SE razors failed in relation to the smoothness of an injector shave?

Since discovering the Alumigoose and Injectors, I have almost completely sold off my entire SE and DE collections but really am curious about whether the Timeless TI is worth the $$ compared to the shave I can get from an injector or Alumigoose...

If you're talking about titanium, you could start by choosing a titanium handle you really like. They're usually around 50g and can be quite a bit wider, like 14-16mm rather than the common 12.8mm.

With a titanium handle you can use all kinds of heads from 3-piece razors. Like ATT, Karve, Timeless (if they sell heads separately), R41, Fatip (with a M5 top cap) in DE. And several modern SE razors as well.

I shaved with injector only once and it didn't work for me maybe cause it needs different technique but after discovering how smooth ATT SSR1 and Timeless Ti68 heads are when used with Russian titanium handle and GSB and Persona Red blades my RAD is over

I just bought the polished titanium .68 SB and have shaved with it 3 times. I also own the stainless 95 OC, which was way too much for me as a daily driver.

The best way I can describe the titanium shaver is that it has the smoothness of a 1946-1950 fat handle tech but is way more efficient. I love techs and I always get a bbs shave from pre-war and post war fat handles, but the titanium .68 is in a class if it's own.

I will be selling my stainless .95 shortly and pretty much everything else except my techs and my titanium SB .68.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Very interesting. the tech was one of the last de razors I let go of as I too enjoyed its shave. If the titanium can outperform the tech it might be worth trying.

In my experience the design of a razor and the care with which it has been manufactured are much more important than the material it's made from. I still have and occasionally use many DE razors, but I now prefer the shaves I get from my injector and AC-style razors. Some of the latter are made from heavy SS and others from aluminium or bakelite and a bit of thin brass, but I find it no problem to adapt my technique to these differing weights.
Zamac, stainless steel, aluminium, brass, titanium and unobtanium all have their pros and cons, but I think actual shaving performance isn't a significant factor.

Smoother than a dolphin covered in grease

I have just picked up a 0.95 and it is a delight to shave with
Easy to find the correct angle to shave with, consistent passes, just butter smooth on face and head

Still wont stop me looking for ss, copper and brass razors but if I could only shave with my timeless from now until forever I wouldn't be disappointed at all

Top Bottom