What's new

Just how small is Simpsons' Wee Scot?

Here it is between my two largest brushes, a Proraso Pro and a Kent BK8. It's a little sucker!
fullsizeoutput_44e6.jpeg

It punches above its weight, though. I quite like using mine when away on trips.
If I went anywhere these days, I might reconsider my electric shaver when I travel rule (they should make the Wee Scot with a synthetic option although it seems try dry reasonably fast).

If I went anywhere these days, I might reconsider my electric shaver when I travel rule (they should make the Wee Scot with a synthetic option although it seems try dry reasonably fast).
Under 18-19mm for a Synth won’t make you happy I’m not even sure if there are smaller Synth knots around. This is the smallest Synth I have for traveling, a 19mm Mühle STF.

362FA863-B564-4538-8F28-1CD0A21D1E39.jpeg

Lovely handle! I have a Rudy Vey with the 25mm STF knot mainly for home use but it also travels well.

View attachment 1538383
Nice setup but I gave up on wetshaving for travel and always carried a rechargeable Norelco. But I admire the guy who stay with it whether at home or on the road. All our recent travel the past 20 years was in an RV and mostly off the grid. It was easier without having to use our onboard water with a wife and couple kids along. The shave suffered but the family endured!

The Wee Scot is small. I knew it was small when I bought it, but it was smaller than I realized. As others have indicated, it does a nice job of lathering. I found that after a while it dropped out of my rotation. I do use it for travel: It dries quickly and fits in a small pill bottle (with holes). FWIW, it has replaced my Trafalgar T2 for travel.

I used it again today. I love it! At some point, I need to pull my Travel Tech out of its case and pair them together with one of my sample shaving creams!

14mm. It’s a good knot for its size, but I can only do one, maybe 2 shaves with it before I’m annoyed with it. It’s not easy or comfortable in hand, and it’s easy to over soap it using a stick.

I’m not a fan of any synths personally, but I agree in a 14, it probably wouldn’t be pleasant to use
It's interesting to read the comments over the years of the love or dislike of the Wee Scot. It won't be my daily, of course, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. With so many brushes and one more incoming (a fancy looking Muhle synth), I might use the Wee Scot more often than I imagined. But I've had most of my brushes for many years so having new toys is fun. Two and a half months ago, I was not a synth fan either; I like my badger and boar but I do get it now. I think of them as instant use, impossibly great latherers, and quick drying. The Muhle will be my third and last one.

Much more than a novelty

The Wee Scot was produced initially to test the craftsmanship & dexterity of the knot bundlers. All of their skills would be needed to produce a perfectly formed but ever so small badger knot. Today the Wee Scot is still made by those painstaking methods but do not be kidded by the miniature nature of this little diamond, this brush will still deliver a wonderful lather & satisfying shave.

Top Bottom