What's new

Just how efficient is the most efficient Tatara?

IMHO, the Tatara Nodachi SB is smoother and more efficient than the Nodachi OC. If the Muhle R41 is a 10/10 on the efficiency scale(which it is IMO), then I’d put the Nodachi SB at about 9.1. After that in third place for efficiency, I’d put the Swing Sweden DE razor at an 8.2. Efficiency falls off a cliff after these three based on the dozens of razors I’ve tried. Never tried a Wolfman; frankly not interested.

The Tatara Nodachi is so efficient that I could not even do a 3-pass shave 2 days in a row thanks to my very sensitive skin. The most aggressive razor I have ever used by far. More aggressive than the Fatip Grande.

i useto have the tatara nodachi and then got the matsume baseplate for it. If i did not have a charcoal goods lvl 3 or a wolfman WR2 1.35, i would have kept the nodachi. The matsume was my realization that i do not like neutral blade exposure. I like to feel some blade when im shaving so i know where im at. Many use sharper blades in neutral razors, but i still find that its too much work for me to maintain the angle without feeling that bit of blade on my skin, which ends up resulting in me overthinking and ending up with irritation when navigating the contours of my face. I would say the nodachi is about a charcoal goods 2.5 type of efficiency. A great razor in all regards, but i ended up reaching for others more often and don't like to have too many in my stable.

i useto have the tatara nodachi and then got the matsume baseplate for it. If i did not have a charcoal goods lvl 3 or a wolfman WR2 1.35, i would have kept the nodachi. The matsume was my realization that i do not like neutral blade exposure. I like to feel some blade when im shaving so i know where im at. Many use sharper blades in neutral razors, but i still find that its too much work for me to maintain the angle without feeling that bit of blade on my skin, which ends up resulting in me overthinking and ending up with irritation when navigating the contours of my face. I would say the nodachi is about a charcoal goods 2.5 type of efficiency. A great razor in all regards, but i ended up reaching for others more often and don't like to have too many in my stable.

Great comparison!!

Those are some mighty fine razors!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This is incredibly helpful!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

keep in mind tho i have a pretty thick beard and i lean more towards very efficient razors w/ treet platinums or persona med blades. Kai's too.

Top Bottom