What's new

Just had a LMFAO moment....

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
As I have bragged errrrrrrrr posted previously, I acquired a pair of R. LeMarchand French Frameback razors made in Paris produced near 1901 that had previously errrrrrrr reportably had been owned by a former Archbishop of the Northwest Territories of Canada as a 50th Birthday present to myself.

I did a Google image search for this fine Gentleman and came up with this.............. No wonder the blades are in such great condition.

As I have bragged errrrrrrrr posted previously, I acquired a pair of R. LeMarchand French Frameback razors made in Paris produced near 1901 that had previously errrrrrrr reportably had been owned by a former Archbishop of the Northwest Territories of Canada as a 50th Birthday present to myself.

I did a Google image search for this fine Gentleman and came up with this.............. No wonder the blades are in such great condition.

:lol::lol::lol:

marty

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'd hasten to guess because of his birth in France, the razors were most likely presented to him as a gift. Perhaps never used.
Breynat, Gabriel-Joseph-Elie, O.M.I.

EVANGELIZARE PAUPERIBUS MISIT ME / PEREGRINARI PRO CHRISTO

Born: 1867.10.06 (France)
Ordained Priest: 1892.02.22
Consecrated Bishop: 1902.04.06
Died: 1954.03.10 († 86)
Titular Bishop of Adramyttium (1901.07.22 – 1939.12.11)
Vicar Apostolic of Mackenzie (Canada) (1901.07.31 – 1943.04.06)
Titular Archbishop of Garella (1939.12.11 – 1954.03.10)

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Hehehehehe.

So why did you think it was owned by him?

Previous owner purchased them from a museum in NWT Canada in the 1970's and the institution attributed them to Archbishop Breynat. I'm absolutely fine with them either way.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Pretty funny...

I also found this with a tiny bit of research
proxy.php

Top Bottom