What's new

Just got supply, where to go next

I've been de shaving for at least 5 years. I don't shave daily so I usually use a futur x 2 passes to mow the lawn and a Rockwell on 6 to finish it. Both with feather blades.

I just got my supply and am using Schick blades. So far I like it. I ordered the b-20 from bullgooseshaving but have also been eyeballing some of the ac systems mostly because they use feathers and I think they are the sharpest out there.

I've had little luck figuring out if the supply is more or less aggressive than the hawk v2 or similar. I use the supply on the most aggressive head.

I'm curious what others think about where the aggressiveness of the supply is. My shaves have been good but not perfect (all 2 of them) and I suspect a lot of this is the learning curve.

Thoughts?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm "bumping" this thread up to see if someone with Supply experience can weigh in. Unfortunately, that's not really me. I absolutely love my Schick Injectors (I'm more of a vintage guy), but I haven't tried any of the modern SE razors. With a few more shaves under your belt, have your shaves gone from good-to-great (or at least good-to-better)?

I love my supply, the thing is like a lawn mower for my face. I get great shaves and no cuts. I'm still learning but so far it's great.

My only complaint is it is quiet, I like to have my razor "sing" I really even sure I was using it correctly until I could feel that the hair was gone

I like my Supply but I can't comment on it's agression vs. the razors you mentioned. I use the two dot plate and find it at about the mid level. BBS this morning with a chick blade and three passes.
PSX_20200520_084202.jpg

i have a supply but ove only shaved with it a few times and got some nicks and cuts. But thats probably due to the fact that i have been exclusively cartridge shaving for the past year. And with the lockdown im shaving only 3 times per week and have been rotating through different razors. I think i need to focus on it for at least 10-20 shaves in a row to get a better feel.

Meanwhile i bought a couple of vintage schick injectors to compare.

I find the Supply to be relatively mild, even with the most aggressive plate. I'd categorise it as a good razor, but not great. With the Chinese Schick blades (which I think are of good quality, and sharp) I get a better shave with some of the early Schick injectors, which are definitely more aggressive for me.
However, I now mostly use the Artist Club style razors, some of which are certainly more aggressive than the Supply. The ATT SE1 with a Feather Super Pro, for instance, is certainly quite fierce, although not unmanageable by any means.
It's true that Feather blades are sharp, but i don't find them to be in a different league to the Kai and Schick Proline P-30 blades, which are very good.

I find the Supply to be relatively mild, even with the most aggressive plate. I'd categorise it as a good razor, but not great. With the Chinese Schick blades (which I think are of good quality, and sharp) I get a better shave with some of the early Schick injectors, which are definitely more aggressive for me.
However, I now mostly use the Artist Club style razors, some of which are certainly more aggressive than the Supply. The ATT SE1 with a Feather Super Pro, for instance, is certainly quite fierce, although not unmanageable by any means.
It's true that Feather blades are sharp, but i don't find them to be in a different league to the Kai and Schick Proline P-30 blades, which are very good.

I took the most aggressive plate and "shaved" it down a bit. It is now a superb shaver....

I like my Supply but I can't comment on it's agression vs. the razors you mentioned. I use the two dot plate and find it at about the mid level. BBS this morning with a chick blade and three passes.
View attachment 1103105
I love my Supply! The blades that come with it didn’t work for me! I found them tuggy. I use Schick B-20 Injectors and shave with the 3 dot plate. I do both face and dome, and really like the razor!

I find it to be a great razor. Many find the three dot plate best, but I seem to be getting along fine with the two dot plate. I shave everyday with three passes, so that may be a factor. I am pleased that you are also a fan!

I find it to be a great razor. Many find the three dot plate best, but I seem to be getting along fine with the two dot plate. I shave everyday with three passes, so that may be a factor. I am pleased that you are also a fan!
I'm quite new to the razor, but took down a week’s worth of dome growth effortlessly. I like SEs (Gems, Injectors, AC razors). I put this razor right up there with my Vector. I‘m thinking of trying it with a cut-down Feather Super.

I love my Supply. I've only ever used the Personna blades they sell with it, but I've found it very smooth. Two-dot is a nice mild-to-mid shave for me, and three-dot is mid-aggressive and gives me the closeness that I like. I do have a RR Hawk, but it's the V3, and I don't know if that shaves differently than the aluminum V2s. But I will say, the Hawk V3 is the smoothest of the three AC razors I've used (the other two being the Occam's Razor Enoch and the ATT Windsor SE1). It feels about as smooth as the Supply, but the shave with the three-dot plate is just a little bit closer than the Hawk, for me.

I've been de shaving for at least 5 years. I don't shave daily so I usually use a futur x 2 passes to mow the lawn and a Rockwell on 6 to finish it. Both with feather blades.

I just got my supply and am using Schick blades. So far I like it. I ordered the b-20 from bullgooseshaving but have also been eyeballing some of the ac systems mostly because they use feathers and I think they are the sharpest out there.

I've had little luck figuring out if the supply is more or less aggressive than the hawk v2 or similar. I use the supply on the most aggressive head.

I'm curious what others think about where the aggressiveness of the supply is. My shaves have been good but not perfect (all 2 of them) and I suspect a lot of this is the learning curve.

Thoughts?
I'm new to wet shaving. I can't compare but it seems pretty aggressive to me. I went with Supply and realized, it's nothing to shave with 'once in a while'. Seems like your either in or out. I really had trouble for about five weeks. After that, a very slight nick or two, some irritation. Yesterday (about 8 weeks in) I had the best shave of my life, a pitch perfect two pass ultra close and comfortable nick and cut free shave with zero irritation. I started with the two dot plate, and had to go down to the one dot. I'm shaving every other day or day and a half. My goal is to shave every day but I want to see another month of this if I can keep it up before I get on a daily shave routine.

I'm new to wet shaving. I can't compare but it seems pretty aggressive to me. I went with Supply and realized, it's nothing to shave with 'once in a while'. Seems like your either in or out. I really had trouble for about five weeks. After that, a very slight nick or two, some irritation. Yesterday (about 8 weeks in) I had the best shave of my life, a pitch perfect two pass ultra close and comfortable nick and cut free shave with zero irritation. I started with the two dot plate, and had to go down to the one dot. I'm shaving every other day or day and a half. My goal is to shave every day but I want to see another month of this if I can keep it up before I get on a daily shave routine.
Congratulations, and welcome to the party! I’ve been wet shaving for a very long time, but am new to the Supply razor! It’s one of the few new razors that shaved beautifully for me right out of the gate! It’s a winner!

I put my Supply away and have been shaving with my vintage schick injector model N. The supply was giving me a lot of trouble while the schick injector was smooth from the first shave. I think it could be the weight of the Supply (i have the heavier stainless steel version) makes its harder to control for me. The light schick is very easy to feel the feedback. I will go back to the supply later.

I put my Supply away and have been shaving with my vintage schick injector model N. The supply was giving me a lot of trouble while the schick injector was smooth from the first shave. I think it could be the weight of the Supply (i have the heavier stainless steel version) makes its harder to control for me. The light schick is very easy to feel the feedback. I will go back to the supply later.
YMMV! It’s exactly the oppos for me. I have Parkinson’s, so heavier razors work best for me! I have the SS Supply V2 and love it. Great shaves every time. It’s lighter razors that give me issues.

The Supply is definitely heavier than any injector razor from the past. I think this was done to cater to modern preferences. You may be onto something there.

Top Bottom