What's new

Just got a telling off from my wife!

After all, she has caught him running around the bathroom with a long-legged fraulein named Merkur 39C…
Hahahahahaha!! That made me laugh!! Yes I love my 39c very much but I love my wife even more!!

mypic.jpg

Jason.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Excellent! Keep keeping her happy and rein in your addictive tendencies as best as you can without outright repression. And then tell me how you did it, please

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Luckily there are no shaving retailers near me and I order everything online. 😜

I am going to the mall tonight with my wife and 9 year old daughter and I will me smiling (fake) the entire time. Sometimes ya just have to suck it up!

Happy wife, happy life indeed.
Ever get her Kiva's bagels?

Excellent! Keep keeping her happy and rein in your addictive tendencies as best as you can without outright repression. And then tell me how you did it, please
Hi there thombrogan!

Thanks for your kind reply! To answer your question, its a case of putting your partner first before any shaving equipment. As much as I love my 39c Sledgehammer, I go out of my way to make my wife feel loved and secure.

Having said that, even my wife has taken a huge liking to my razor as she said it feels so much better on her legs than her typical multi-blade ladies razor. I don't allow her to change the blades; that is my job for safety reasons.

Absolute kind regards.

Jason.

I don't have a local shave shop to haunt, which may help, but Mrs. Scandalous has been tolerant of occasional forays to the antique stores in search of straight razors. Ironically the kids get a huge kick out of the antique stores so it now ends up as some "me time" for her while we're off hunting.

Believe it or not, though, she's almost as bad an enabler as some of you gents. More than once I've shown her a razor that I liked but wasn't really keen on buying due to price or maybe just because I have plenty already, and she's said, "you should buy it. It's exactly what you like and I like that it makes you happy."

Yeah, I've learned not to argue with her.

My wife is pretty understanding but I do try to space out my major purchases. We both have separate checking accounts but both names are on each. Since I make more than my wife I pay more of the bills. She doesn’t have to ask me every time she wants to buy something and neither do I. We are both really happy with the arrangement. We do plan for major purchases and help each other out if needed. She has paid for several cross country trips to visit my grandkids and I have done the same for her. It helps that we are both older and employed. This arrangement wouldn’t work if there was only one wage earner but we have never had a disagreement over money. I have been there and I have no desire to go back to that.

Today I am taking my wife out for a meal and for some Christmas shopping. I asked her ‘Please may I visit that shaving shop’ and she just had a go at me! Saying ‘Every time you take me out we get dragged into that shaving shop!’ It’s no different to her dragging me into Primark or M&S! Not that it matters; I love her so dearly she always comes first, not the shaving shop!

Jason.
Oh boy, I don’t know if I want to even touch this one with a 10 foot pole 🤣

Not sure if your post is more of just “hey guys this happened” or if you’re looking for advice haha.

BUUUUUT! I would say, a few things actually ha, when you go out next time, don’t event bother going into the shave shop, make that time out with her, all about her. Then the next time after that make your way into the shave shop and if she says anything about it, you could say, “well last time I didn’t even bring up coming into the shave shop, so this time I’m going to give a look see” give her a kiss and move along into the shave shop 😆

Second, you could just visit the shave shop every time you guys are in the area and just tell her “tough cookies, this is what I enjoy” and move along into the shave shop haha!

Honestly my wife knows my hobbies and knows if I pass by a shop I’m interested in, we’re going in, if she doesn’t like it she knows she can go about her day and look at a different stores while I look around, wait for me outside or come in with me grinding her teeth 😆🤣😂

Anyway, that’s my thoughts on that.

I hope you find balance in the force, wives can be a tough challenge to work through HAHAHAHA!

I don't have a local shave shop to haunt, which may help, but Mrs. Scandalous has been tolerant of occasional forays to the antique stores in search of straight razors. Ironically the kids get a huge kick out of the antique stores so it now ends up as some "me time" for her while we're off hunting.

Believe it or not, though, she's almost as bad an enabler as some of you gents. More than once I've shown her a razor that I liked but wasn't really keen on buying due to price or maybe just because I have plenty already, and she's said, "you should buy it. It's exactly what you like and I like that it makes you happy."

Yeah, I've learned not to argue with her.
If you ever get to Chicago, you have to go to Q Brothers(Smallflower)inside Merz Apothecary, on North Lincoln Ave. All things shaving, with people that are very knowledgeable about shaving, and products. My wife goes with me because of the apothecary side, and has to drag me away from the Q Bros. counter when I get in conversation with Mark the salesguy. I could spend hours in there...

Please may I visit that shaving shop?
Do you really need to ask to go into a shop? Just tell her that you need to pick something up from the shaving shop. Easy. If you’re quick about it and don’t spend and hour poking around in there I don’t see a problem. I won’t expect my wife to be interested but I would expect that she’d give me five minutes to pick something up from a shop. After all I’d do the same for her.

Believe me, once you have stepped into a men's shaving shop in London like Geo F Trumper or Taylor Of Old Bond Street, you will feel like you have stepped into a man's paradise. And the urge to go back time and time again is just much too irresistible.

Jason.
Unfortunately, I've had to give up my visits to the Jermyn St TOBS store. I made the mistake of taking my wife along once and Jermyn Street became 'that place with the nice Prada outlet'.

Do you really need to ask to go into a shop? Just tell her that you need to pick something up from the shaving shop. Easy. If you’re quick about it and don’t spend and hour poking around in there I don’t see a problem. I won’t expect my wife to be interested but I would expect that she’d give me five minutes to pick something up from a shop. After all I’d do the same for her.
I go there to pick up tucks of blades I want to try. I have to drive 20 miles to get there as I live in the 'burbs. She goes to look at the drugstore side, with 100's of lotions, a lot from Europe that you don't see in your regular drugstores(Walgreen, CVS, WalMart, etc). Me, I beeline to Q Bros., get my blades, and conversation with Mark behind the counter. He always gives me samples, and testers of creams and lotions they don't use, which are worth more than I purchase. Eventually I will make a 100 blade purchase(Wilkinson Sword from Germany is the front runner), and won't be making the every other month trip, which I will miss. Mark is a great guy, very knowledgeable of his products. Q Brothers can be accessed online, as part of the Smallflower stores. I like all things DE, and enjoy a great shave...

Top Bottom