What's new

Just got a telling off from my wife!

Haven't women figured out that all guys are crazy, and need some hobby or obsession? I've been married 50+ years and my wife has accepted most of mine. In the 60s/70s, it was Dylan, the 80s Stephen King books and collectables, and the 90's into the mid 00s paddy punk CDs. Even my wife and kids enjoyed those. In the mid 00s, it became Brubeck (but only his 50s and 60s music), and silent films. My wife HATED Brubeck AND silent films. She won't even enter a room if I have one of my 400+ silent films playing, and I'm still banned from playing any Brubeck in her car. Somewhere in those years, I also became obsessed with The Count of Monte Cristo book. My wife was fine with those, even chipping in with our daughters and granddaughters to buy me a 5 vol leather-bound numbered set for my birthday one year. When I got into wetshaving, my wife was thrilled that it was finally something she could ignore. The more I spent on wetshaving, meant less money for silent films and other weird stuff.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Haven't women figured out that all guys are crazy, and need some hobby or obsession? I've been married 50+ years and my wife has accepted most of mine. In the 60s/70s, it was Dylan, the 80s Stephen King books and collectables, and the 90's into the mid 00s paddy punk CDs. Even my wife and kids enjoyed those. In the mid 00s, it became Brubeck (but only his 50s and 60s music), and silent films. My wife HATED Brubeck AND silent films. She won't even enter a room if I have one of my 400+ silent films playing, and I'm still banned from playing any Brubeck in her car. Somewhere in those years, I also became obsessed with The Count of Monte Cristo book. My wife was fine with those, even chipping in with our daughters and granddaughters to buy me a 5 vol leather-bound numbered set for my birthday one year. When I got into wetshaving, my wife was thrilled that it was finally something she could ignore. The more I spent on wetshaving, meant less money for silent films and other weird stuff.
So basically you are saying I need to wait another 10 years or so until my wife catches up with yours.... There is hope!!!

So basically you are saying I need to wait another 10 years or so until my wife catches up with yours.... There is hope!!!

I can recommend some 7 hour French silent films, or 9+ hour WW2 Japanese sub-titled films, but like my wife, she's more than likely to just find another room until they're done. Like me, I think you're in for the duration.

Top Bottom