What's new

Just got a sample of Czech&Speake No. 88 and it is lovely!!

Yay! for you. I guess your low cost alternative search came up empty. Sometimes only the real deal delivers what you're looking for.

Yay! for you. I guess your low cost alternative search came up empty. Sometimes only the real deal delivers what you're looking for.
Yep and the cheapest I could find was $135 from West Coast Shaving. Found Oxford and Cambridge on EBay for $72 so I ordered that as well! :)

I have been trying to find samples of the 88 for sale for quite some time. Do you mind if I ask where you were able to acquire one?

Directly from the Czech & Speake website. If you sign up for their e-mail newsletter you get two free samples.

Last edited:
Interesting. I would like to try 88 and O&C samples but after I apply the code they want $30 shipping!
I called them about that and they said they would send samples of the entire line for the $30 shipping so I agreed. However the samples are very, very small and you can only use once liberally or twice if you use I small amount. Very disappointed in the size of the samples so I wouldn’t recommend that route. They sent it Fed Ex signature required for some reason. Maybe you could call them to see if they could send it Royal Mail for $10.

I would just go the samples from C&S and pay whatever the shipping is. I think they are .7 ml. C&S has a lot of scents these days so if they really send you one of each, it does not seem intolerable to me. (Amazing one can order a $1 trinket on eBay from China with shipping included and have it arrive in a few weeks isn't it? No wonder the Chinese are eating the rest of the world's lunch--but I digress.)

I got these C&S samples long ago. They took forever to arrive as I recall. But they made me a strong since then fan of many C&S scents--O&C, 88, Cuba, Neroli, and whatever they call the grapefruit one.

I think C&S is my favorite perfumery. Probably the only house that has more then 1 or 2 scents that I love, 88 is by far my favorite "rose" scent (wish the shave soap was more strongly scented, or that they would offer a cream) O&C is my favorite "lavender", and their Frankincense & Myrrh is my favorite "Frankincense & Myrrh" I like their "Cuba" scent too, but its not as high on my acquisition list as the others.

Top Bottom