What's new

Just got a durham duplex. Now Have a Problem!

As the title says i just got a Durham Duplex and the only blades i have been able to find around here are the harbor freight carpet cutting blades(the ones in the purple plastic case) !!! Here is a link to them:::10 Pk. Carpet Knife Blades those things wont even cut the hair on the back of my hand! I think i made a mistake buying this razor. Where can i get a blade to see if this thing lives up to all the hype i heard about it? I Am Desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the title says i just got a Durham Duplex and the only blades i have been able to find around here are the harbor freight carpet cutting blades(the ones in the purple plastic case) !!! Here is a link to them:::10 Pk. Carpet Knife Blades those things wont even cut the hair on the back of my hand! I think i made a mistake buying this razor. Where can i get a blade to see if this thing lives up to all the hype i heard about it? I Am Desperate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure about this hype as I only know a couple guys who like them but these are the alternative blades. Tryablade may also have them.

Send me an address and I'm happy to send you a couple to try out.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You are quite welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I appreciate you sending me some because I got those blades I mentioned came home opened them up wiped the oil off of one washed it off put it in and lathered up then went to shave and Nothing. Honestly it broke my heart because I was looking so forward to getting to try it.

I've got one also, plus an extra handle. The head is to wide IMO, but the handles are excellent replacement s for split Gillettes.
The shape and weight work well with old type heads.

Head over to Home Depot, they sell Personna carpet cutter blades in 10 packs for about 3-4 bucks and 100 packs for around 15 or so. I tried the ones from the ten pack and they were a bit rough as you might expect but they worked ok for me. I haven't tried the bulk pack yet but they're individually wrapped so they may be better than the the ones banging around unprotected in a blister pack. I had the same experience with the Harbor freight ones btw. Oh and there's two types of Personnas, they come either with rounded corners or straight, you'll want the rounded ones. Hope they work out for you!

Head over to Home Depot, they sell Personna carpet cutter blades in 10 packs for about 3-4 bucks and 100 packs for around 15 or so. I tried the ones from the ten pack and they were a bit rough as you might expect but they worked ok for me. I haven't tried the bulk pack yet but they're individually wrapped so they may be better than the the ones banging around unprotected in a blister pack. I had the same experience with the Harbor freight ones btw. Oh and there's two types of Personnas, they come either with rounded corners or straight, you'll want the rounded ones. Hope they work out for you!
Thanks

Ever Ready hair shaper blades, in addition to the Personna Pathology blades are the ones to use. Avoid carpet or dog grooming blades.

I think i made a mistake buying this razor. Where can i get a blade to see if this thing lives up to all the hype i heard about it?
You give up way too easily. How can you judge that a shaving razor purchase is a mistake if you don't try it with shaving blades?

With the Personna Pathology blades, I think it's a very nice shaver when I want something very efficient but don't want to worry about cutting myself. Just make sure to dry the blades between shaves because they rust quickly.

I use the Personna pathology blades in my Durham Dorset with success. I find it helps if I cork the blade before the first use. I'd like to try the Ever Ready blades, wish they were available in the States.

Top Bottom