What's new

Just Gave My New Stuff Away

I recently bought Cella & Wilkinson Sword soaps and an Omega boar brush. When I smelled the Cella, I thought my brother would love this. I saw him tonight and let him smell it. He did like it. I asked him what he uses to shave. He said he just gets out of the shower and then shaves with a disposable razor, no soap or cream. Had to rectify that situation. I told him how it was nice to use different soaps and creams and have the different scents. I offered him these items, and he took them. I told him about soaking the brush and that the bristles soften with use, etc. I think I’ll give him one of my Gillette Super Speeds that belonged to our Dad. It was manufactured ca. 1948-1950. My brother was born in 1950. He needs something better than disposable razors. That Super Speed a good razor.

I also bought with that bundle a replacement puck of Mitchell’s Wool Fat. I’m keeping that.

lasta

Blade Biter
Don't overestimate your ability to influence others.

Over the years, I've given my brother 4 razors, 2 brushes, 5 soaps, and 200 blades. He still shaves with disposables and Barbasol.

In fact, I've taken to shaving with Barbasol once a week.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Last year, I gave my little brother my Japanese M7DS, strop, brush and ARKO stick. He lives in Japan and is very fluent in Japanese. It took him many months but with my encouragement, he had his first SR shave a few weeks ago. I will need to instruct him on putting together some diamond paste balsa strops.

For quite a while, he was too scared to SR shave. Eventually he decided to give it a go as our grandfather SR shaved daily all his long life. Maybe he also wants to emulate his big brother. Should be interesting to see how he progresses.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Last year, I gave my little brother my Japanese M7DS, strop, brush and ARKO stick. He lives in Japan and is very fluent in Japanese. It took him many months but with my encouragement, he had his first SR shave a few weeks ago. I will need to instruct him on putting together some diamond paste balsa strops.

For quite a while, he was too scared to SR shave. Eventually he decided to give it a go as our grandfather SR shaved daily all his long life. Maybe he also wants to emulate his big brother. Should be interesting to see how he progresses.
Keep us posted!

SuperSpeeds are a great starter. If he can't learn to properly shave with a late 40s/early 50s SS, there may be no hope.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
SuperSpeeds are a great starter. If he can't learn to properly shave with a late 40s/early 50s SS, there may be no hope.
Is that the one that IS NOT flared? I've thought about getting one of those forever...

Is that the one that IS NOT flared? I've thought about getting one of those forever...
I never gave it to him. After further conversation I learned he only shaves a couple small spots on his face. He doesn’t use or need the brush I gave him, either. He says he simply doesn’t grow anything on the sides of his face, only in the goatee area, and he wears a goatee. So he wets his finger, rubs it on the Cella, then rubs his finger where he’s going to shave, and two little zips and he’s done. That Cella will last forever. Here’s the Super Speed:

148057CD-8F01-489D-AF90-08C08E3312B7.jpeg

Top Bottom