What's new

Just found ya!

Yet another fella, that paid quite a fare of blood in the merit of wet shaving. Sloppy started years ago with a shavette, been through the sweetness of straight razors and now I am into the comfort of the safety DE razors.
Greetings from Greece to everyone.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Greetings from Australia, very happy to have you here with us. Thanks for introducing yourself. If you would like to tell us a little more head over to the Hall Of Fame and fill out the details.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Greetings and welcome to B&B.

You are a braver man than I am. I am scarred of DE razors. I just cannot bring myself to shave with a razor where I cannot see the blade's edge on my skin. I will stick with straight razors.

Hello @rbscebu ,
I love straight razors too and they still are my first choice in shaving. They need a lot of care though, much more than DEs, to keep their shape and their beauty for long. DEs are simpler though, and when the blade is worn you simply replace it.
(I am of those silly fellas that at least once had damaged a beautiful straight razor by honing it without previous experience.)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Hello @rbscebu ,
I love straight razors too and they still are my first choice in shaving. They need a lot of care though, much more than DEs, to keep their shape and their beauty for long. DEs are simpler though, and when the blade is worn you simply replace it.
(I am of those silly fellas that at least once had damaged a beautiful straight razor by honing it without previous experience.)
It takes about 2 or 3 minutes extra per shave to maintain a SR - forever. Have a look at diamond pasted balsa strops. You will have a fresh edge every shave and your SR should never need to touch a whetstone again.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Welcome to this forum. There is good fellowship here.
09.jpg

Yet another fella, that paid quite a fare of blood in the merit of wet shaving. Sloppy started years ago with a shavette, been through the sweetness of straight razors and now I am into the comfort of the safety DE razors.
Greetings from Greece to everyone.
Welcome

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom