What's new

Just found my father’s Sensor Excel, and it’s blue

Hi gents, looking at my things that I had from many years ago I found this sensor Excel that my father used.

It’s a blue version, that I’ve never seen people talk about. All there’s out there are the grey ones.

Do you guys know if this was a limited edition or something like that? It’s looking like new.

Maybe I’ll make this my travel razor.

26326085-004C-4039-B796-2EC23B313213.jpeg
6752756A-CDF7-4EBC-A744-DE14D9A88A9B.jpeg

Wow. No clue. But that is a handsome razor. I think I started shaving with a sensor and it’s still one of my favorite cartridges

Wow. No clue. But that is a handsome razor. I think I started shaving with a sensor and it’s still one of my favorite cartridges
Thank you!

I remember shaving with another sensor years and years ago and it was without a doubt my favorite cartridge.

Small fixed head, 2 blades, heavier handle… it provided good shaves overall.

I’m curious about that blue handle tough. It’s not the usual sensor you see out there.

We’ll see if anybody around here knows something.

Thank you!

I remember shaving with another sensor years and years ago and it was without a doubt my favorite cartridge.

Small fixed head, 2 blades, heavier handle… it provided good shaves overall.

I’m curious about that blue handle tough. It’s not the usual sensor you see out there.

We’ll see if anybody around here knows something.
Yes it is limited edition.
No, it is not a fixed head. All Sensors have swivel head.

Yes it is limited edition.
No, it is not a fixed head. All Sensors have swivel head.
You’re right, I forgot that. I wanted to edit the post but wasn’t able.

Thank you for the input!

The blue one is worth $15-20,000 if you have the box. Without the box it‘s worth maybe a dollar. Do you have the box?
Unfortunately no. Just the razor. It’s going to be used as a travel razor probably.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to find another Sensor handle.
I say DO IT. 😂😂
View attachment 1529442

Here is one I have still sealed (from my Sensor collection). It is a beautiful Sensor handle!
That’s nice! Didn’t even know they had that.
I have a Sensor Excel Trial Pack that I got in the mail many years ago. Blue package, gray handle. Never opened.
I wish Gillette had kept the sensor Excel line. This would certainly be my only exception to a safety razor.

What, no Mach10? Can't one buy Sensor carts anymore?
I believe sensor excel carts only on eBay and old stock. I haven’t found anywhere else.

People use the excel handle with sensor3 carts, easier to find. But it’s not the same of course.

But the original sensor excel handles are long gone. Such a shame.

I have no trouble getting Sensor or Sensor Excel carts in several local stores. Finding a handle to use the carts is much harder, as you can't just walk into most drugstores and get one, even if they have racks of the cartridges for sale.

Hi gents, looking at my things that I had from many years ago I found this sensor Excel that my father used.

It’s a blue version, that I’ve never seen people talk about. All there’s out there are the grey ones.

Do you guys know if this was a limited edition or something like that? It’s looking like new.

Maybe I’ll make this my travel razor.

View attachment 1527043View attachment 1527044
That is nice! Wish I had one.
I have 2 regular Sensors though they are both different. Both metal handles, one has grey trim and grippers, the other has black trim and wider angled grippers.

Top Bottom