What's new

Just For Men?

My experience with coloring is that it is an art and a science. Unless you are willing to read many articles about color theory, have an eye for color, and are tolerant of mistakes I find that it is best left to experienced professionals. Making color look natural is very challenging in general, and I'm told that grey is one of the most difficult things to cover up.
If I were in your shoes, I'd wear the grey proudly or spend the money on a highly recommended professional. Having a professional fix a poorly applied color job is even more expensive than going to one in the first place.

I ware my gray proudly. I earned it.
You do what makes you happy and if it helps in getting a job than more power to you that's for sure. Good luck on the job hunt and the coloring.
Another reason I don't do it is my wife tells me I'd look younger than her if I do it. I try not to remind her that I am younger than her. I just lived a harder life and don't look younger.

Another suggestion but it has a huge learning curve and is messy and smelly is using henna powder. If you have dark hair you dont have to do a good job at it as the colour doesnt really show up unless in bright daylight and it's just a subtle tint. There is a double process of covering gray as I think you do a henna first and the day after an indigo to cover gray. It is also very time consuming but it fades out instead of regrowth. I saved lots doing it this way at home.

You can learn more about it at www.hennasooq.com or at lush.com for their henna bricks.

The nice thing about henna is that it's natural. Some the dyes out there use some harsh chemicals.

Now I find it's best to gently brush in a little appropriate brown LIGHTLY; from a mascara-like hair/root cover up brush. There are crayons and sprays too.

So I sport Grey burns and proud or brush in a bit, on special occasions; when I want to look just like it did.

I can color match and get my burns tone matched perfectly by adding green to cheap box colors(for a month colored); but I do not do that anymore. Plus when you lighten you may get to warm toned as it wears out!

After all; they say it's your natural peroxide (not being naturally abated any more) that causes Grey hair and hair loss. So why mess around with it? Peroxide is how demi (lesser and part opened) and permanent hair color opens hair up, to take color molecules (for a longer while). 1 month (gracefully back to Grey) and up to 2 permanent(due to root growth line).

While peroxide (3%) may have many uses around the house (like urine clean up) it may be the most concerning ingredient in (standard) hair color.

It's possible (that a semi or temp color) glaze (gloss with color) might be for you; with no issues accept putting it on regularly. Don't get ANYTHING but the coolest tone, if your tones are 'cool' else it will look weird. You may even need to add green to get the redness(warmth) out. It's all about matching and many things.

Ironically, Grey glaze/grosser (semi hair color) cut with half conditioner can make overly warm hair look cooler.

Yep. Easiest to rock the Grey. Nothing wrong with a little simple cover-up sometimes though. The temp stuff lets you choose daily.

Last edited:
So yeah. I am against full permanent color now. For anyone. It's root demarcation lines and unhealthy looking hair condition. Peroxide risks. No thanks.

Maybe demi-permanent for my wife; but we're looking into colored (semi/temp) glossers. Yeah, for me no more demi. I have changed from my above post. Not even on just my side burns only/matched.

Some folks call demi a semi; but to me semi is the temp stuff that's safe. If you get it wrong you just wash it out, WITH NO DAMAGE. That's a very good option! Even if you have to apply it every time you wash.

Great tips in the posts above. Like if you did color even using demi. Use shampoo for hair colored hair and do not wash every day. Maybe a dry shampoo if you have an oily issue. Conditioning will become absolutely necessary.

AVOID all products with silicones in them like Dimethicone (etc...). It's in almost everything now-a-days. The problem is it takes an overly harsh shampoo to get that mess out and then leaves you hair damaged.

Did you know you can condition your hair with egg yoke and/or mayo and coconut oil? Make yourself a DIY hair "mask" for better hair.

Plus, if you balance the harshness of your shampoo, so it cleans well but not strips it out then that's the deal. Avoid sodium LAUREL sulfate (SLS) shampoo, usually(accept clarifying rarely). 'Lareth' is more acceptable.

Bert bees thickening shampoo seem a good one for regular use.

Merry Christmas! I'm riding with Jesus!

Last edited:
So yeah. I am against full permanent color now. For anyone. It's root demarcation lines and unhealthy looking hair condition. Peroxide risks. No thanks.

Maybe demi-permanent for my wife; but we're looking into colored (semi/temp) glossers. Yeah, for me no more demi. I have changed from my above post. Not even on just my side burns only/matched.

Some folks call demi a semi; but to me semi is the temp stuff that's safe. If you get it wrong you just wash it out, WITH NO DAMAGE. That's a very good option! Even if you have to apply it every time you wash.

Great tips in the posts above. Like if you did color even using demi. Use shampoo for hair colored hair and do not wash every day. Maybe a dry shampoo if you have an oily issue. Conditioning will become absolutely necessary.

AVOID all products with silicones in them like Dimethicone (etc...). It's in almost everything now-a-days. The problem is it takes an overly harsh shampoo to get that mess out and then leaves you hair damaged.

Did you know you can condition your hair with egg yoke and/or mayo and coconut oil? Make yourself a DIY hair "mask" for better hair.

Plus, if you balance the harshness of your shampoo, so it cleans well but not strips it out then that's the deal. Avoid sodium LAUREL sulfate (SLS) shampoo, usually(accept clarifying rarely). 'Lareth' is more acceptable.

Bert bees thickening shampoo seem a good one for regular use.

Merry Christmas! I'm riding with Jesus!

ADDENDUM: The new JFM Control GX crap appears to be just a blacking color gloss. So that only works where blackening the grey (think coal tone) works on dark hair (dark brown and darker). Just look at the after pictures. Definitely NOT for lighter hair. It'd look sooty.

'Color Wow' is expensive but that's rated the best daily (per shower) Grey cover-up. You can wash it out! So no foul ups or over application.

"No grey - Quick Fix" works well if applied artistically (off of skin). Mid brown I tried. Also recommended. Start with these!

Seems to be lots of detail in above posts that are not applicable if all you use is Just For Men.

I use it after each haircut. Without it ive got mostly grey sideburns and temples. JFM is a 5 minute application once on. If you shampoo too frequently or it wears off before your next cut it just exposes some grey. For me its fairly good deception. The giveaway is if the hair on sideburns or neck get too grey too fast, to standout, so you have to watch for that.
Ive had Camo done at Supercuts and result is almost exactly same as JFM and costs about $25 instead of $9 at home.
Haircut destroys the look until JFM is reapplied since it exposes new grown hair after JFM was last used. So I delay cutting a cut until im ready to spend the time to do JFM before my next work morning. (Otherwise i have to use these $6 mascara type sticks to manually color hair on daily basis which is a PIA but works fine.)
YMMV, but JFM works well for me as my natural color is near black and my general age appearance isnt so old looking so eliminating almost all the grey isnt so obvious. I do it myself and have basically a fashion sense so i can color out most the grey aplying JFM , having experience with it. If when my skin gets to look older then it will look more obvious to have dyed hair. The hard part is to keep up the color on new hair growth at temples and on neck or keep it shaved away. Having that mascara type stick has become impt so i can deal with new haircuts at my convenience. Because i cant get a new haircut and go to work next am unless ive redone the JFM unless i use the mascara type stick ie every morning after shaving.

Be yourself, warts an' all. If you come across as a decent guy, that's all people will remember about you.

Speaking from experience the Just For Men Control GX shampoo colouring is a waste of money. It gave a greenish hue to my formerly red/now somewhat white hair. Fortunately I was on vacation and the next morning went to my barbershop and told them to chop it all off.
I swear the barber was snickering as clumps of slightly greenish hair hit the floor...
I get home and my wife, who kindly held her tongue for the 24 hours she was married to Green Man, finally said, “I guess you won’t be doing that again, eh?”.
I now proudly rock my white hair, and keep a regular monthly appointment at the barbershop to keep it neat and tidy...with no snickering from the barber!

If my hair was graying, I would just get one of the waxes that give a gray look and make my hair entirely gray. I wouldn't dye it, because I think it's a bad look. It gives the appearance that a guy is trying to hide something. There's a woman that works at a local store where I live. She appears to be in her early 40s. I noticed she was going gray. Instead of her dying her hair, she's using a product that makes her hair look entirely gray. It actually makes her look younger because shes going in the opposite direction. I believe there's a gray color pomade that you can get that will work to make your hair entirely gray. I would absolutely use that if my hair started to turn gray. I would never dye my hair. I would go completely gray.

After thinking about this topic for awhile, I would could cut my hair short if I were graying. I would then use a pomade like Dax Wave and Groom or Murray's Superior to give my hair some shine. I think it's important for people with gray hair to have shine to their hair. I would never dye my hair. That's a bad look in my opinion.

George Clooney's hair is gray, and it hasn't impacted his looks. Women still throw themselves at him. Clooney's hair always seems to have a shine to it, which makes his gray look better. Facial looks are more important than hair coloring. You can have zero gray hair and still be considered unattractive. Hair is overrated.

After thinking about this topic for awhile, I would could cut my hair short if I were graying. I would then use a pomade like Dax Wave and Groom or Murray's Superior to give my hair some shine. I think it's important for people with gray hair to have shine to their hair. I would never dye my hair. That's a bad look in my opinion.

George Clooney's hair is gray, and it hasn't impacted his looks. Women still throw themselves at him. Clooney's hair always seems to have a shine to it, which makes his gray look better. Facial looks are more important than hair coloring. You can have zero gray hair and still be considered unattractive. Hair is overrated.
That could be because Clooney is (a) considered good-looking anyway, (b) rich and famous.

I've been using the JfM on my beard, and in the last couple of years their comb-in stuff for your hair. Both have enough product for several applications, which as someone above pointed out, you will need to do because it will wash out over time. That does get to be annoying, but gray on me looks unkempt. My regular barber has several people in his shop that do color, usually for women. I'll ask about this "Color Camo" stuff.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The only permanent way to cover up grey and improve your looks by 35% is to put yourself in a Porsche.

OK OK. I very much agree that Grey is great. Bible backed. LOL. Thing is I tried a bunch of stuff figuring it all out and it was deeper than you'd think. My mistakes are your gain.

My opinion is guy coloring their hair is generally taboo and frowned upon. Therefore since it's not wrong to color hair (I think of it as science) then it is really important for it to match, be natural looking and except for missing grey then you can't tell. I'm saying guys can't foul it up without somebody making fun of them. As if they don't have similar concerns.

So I tried to leave a lot of details which leads to long posts. Keep Grey and that's fine. Partly cover it or completely cover it. Here's the deal then...

It depends. LOL. Hair color is hard. I don't know what you're starting with. I have very difficult to match Dark Ash Blonde (in the summer sun). YMMV. It will if you're not that. I'm I saying cave to high prices in "salons"? Heck no! This is where I said BS and learned until I got it. Not easy. If you think it is then you got luck or don't really match well.

About matching. All this stuff doesn't matter (scientifically, medically) whether we're male or female hair color wise. Everyone is generally cool, warm or in between neutral. My veins look bluish and I have blue eyes. Guess what? I'm cool!

Now with hair color then; if one was neutral (color tone or slant) and coloring to the level (like B&W now; not color) that they are (roots not Grey) are then you'd be wrong if you bought a neutral tone (that level). You'd need an ash(AKA cool for hair and still SOME tiny bit of warmth). You'd always consider 'Ash" or "cool" first and go from there. Netrual + Ash is Neutral. Got it. All this is so you don't look funny. Where you can't tell it's hair color even in bright light (you need "daylight" to judge and ends can be slightly lighter).

All that is because you only want to color the spots that need color and not your hair that is fine. Unless your 100% Grey or 100% interleaved Grey you want to change. Got it? Why? Because you don't want to damage you hair and Grey hair is typically thicker, older and color resistant and so need a little stronger method.

Mainly I want to say that you should try to avoid any permanent hair color. No one tells you why though. I'm going to. Permanent hair color peroxide is twice as strong and so twice as damaging. Hair undamaged is more important than perfect coloring! A demi-permenant (not temporary though) hair color is the least mild you may want to consider. It fades gracefully if you stop coloring your hair. It can last a month to two depending on how you wash. Plus permanent hair color may stay permanently infused but WILL CHANGE TONE and look funny. Guys can't IMHO do that. Especially on partial, smaller sections of Grey. Plus your root will grow to what they are. Demi will blend with NEW roots as it's then faded (partly washed out). You underlying color (or Grey) is still there with demi. By the time any imperfect in tone mismatch occurs it's faded. About a month. So you keep your options open. Avoid a root demarcation line and need to redo just the roots. Also note that if any hair isthe color (including tone) you want they do not recolor it. Avoid damage. Never do this (demi) more than about a month. This is the entire point of not just using temporary color every time you wash. But start with temp color (stick, littlw brush) to find your match (level and tone); because your a shampoo away from fixing it and with no damage. Just matching what you are to what you thought you were is DIFFICULT.

Here's the thing. Besides the right level and tone; the level naturally varies (over ones head). Demi naturally is less flat. Permanent is much too flat if just laid on. Completely even and flat color all over is not natural looking. So two things. Highlights and ends. You got hair to hair "3D" differences that demi color naturally gives. Then you have "streak" highlights which naturally are approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart. So any large section you just apply in streaks and com back around and cover all 5 to 8 minutes later. Very subtle. Not stark contrast highlights. That the thing. Back to levels, you difference is light levels that's NATURAL in 2 to 3 at max. Now with ends; folks hair naturally is lighter (a bit) on the ends dour to the sun and washing. This is why you standardize on your roots. Root should never be lighter. That's "hot" roots. If one was going a lighter level then you'd do root last. If darker guess what? Roots first.

Now if you're doing the thing where you're only coloring a smaller section (like Greys) and the rest is fine BUT not toned to match THEN you can put the correctly toned color on for the last 5 minutes and get it only toned with almost zero damage added. We guys got it a little easier if short hair. Damage get's cut out much faster. Everyone's hair generally grows 1/2" a month. Again why I like demi. Your hair's going to grow by then anyway. Including new Greys.

It's not that hard; but you can't fudge it. It's exacting. So heads up. It's one of those things that is deceptively complicated.

Thing is Demi is for Dark Blonde (barely) and DARKER. Else it will not cover Greys.
https://shearmiracles.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/level-chart.jpg

Chart shows the underlying color that is you. If peroxided only. Hair color is the added dyes (and stuff) that mix with what you are to affect the box bought color. See the BACK of the box. If you do not start matching the before picture you will not get the after picture. Note how light level change it. Grey (white Grey) will need the base you were also. So you can simply mix a lower and higher box (same line) to get the middle.

Many times not finding the exact tone (affordably) that's needed, pros will effectively add food color to match the tone. Also you can get a natural mid level by mixing two. Lastly if you're still to flat in level then you can used two close tone matched color(boxes) on highlights and ends. Because if you just leave off hair color for highlights (for lighter) then it's tone may be miss matched. Stuff is relatively cheap. Cheaper than JFM.

Natural Instinct brand is less damaging; but tends to be a little warm and so I add blue. But I'm AA or intense ash. Thing is it cover sideburns over and over because it contains enough for long ladies hair. The correcting conditioner is the best also and worth it. I use coupons and get it for next to nothing(when I chose to hide my Grey. I don't always). Keep it immediately air tight and away from light. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. DO THE ARM TEST. DON'T VARY except where it allows for Greys longer.

BTW; some of the JFM ingredients (depending which one) scares me. Sulfites mainly. As many react badly to that. TEST. never do eye brown with peroxide color. Temporary if you need it there.

No Grey Quick fix is where you can start with temporary stuff. Match to roots. Don't have too much on the brush and don't color you scalp/skin, just hair to look right. Never go to dark. Error toward lighter a level.

Interleaved Greys suck. Especially more than 50%. You may just think you hair is just cooler and it's might be like 35 to 50% Grey. You need a demi just lighter than non Grey roots (as if no grey interleaved). Then they will be "3D" natural looking. If you go to high though it will not take to the Grey well. Light Brown and under best covers any Grey with Demi.

Do not go significantly short or go to long with hair color kits. Just (usually 5) longer as directed on Greys. Demi also processes in about 10 to 15(Grey) AFTER you get it on quickly. Where permanent is 20 to 25 minutes processing.

None of this will look right while you are doing it. Trust the directions. If you add blue (coolest) for example then it will look like your making your hair blue at first. Even toward the end it's wet and looks much darker. Do not go by that. You'll probably be peeved all the Greys did not take the first time. THAT hair (not regrow) will take a little better next time. Don't panic and remove it early (unless you get any pain/itch/redness reaction; but you'll know that by the test).

Don't try to compensate by using darker or lighter boxes(for you). Hit the mark. Because you want your Greys(1st) and roots dark enough and you'll want your ends, highlights light enough. If you're not 100% Grey they base it what you have left. Level and tone. Even as Grey you want the tone to match your skin, veins, eyes. Brows are probably best at root color(level and tone). Darker than highlights.

Test test test first. Allergies, level and tonal results. Fixing equals damage. Demi is also easier to color remove than permeate. All this is so you should never have to color remove; but if your do buy the right remover. Pervanna(sp?) has a Demi remover with surprisingly little damage. L'Oreal has the best permanent remover. These are cheaper than you could make and low damage (like a coloring damage so only once in emergencies. Yes you can not foul up twice this month.) You can't color over a color without mixing with it. You can only tone; so if it's the wrong tone you should color remove the dye. But just going darker with a demi may work(fix bad tone till next month).

You gotta get the cool/neutral/warm tone thing right as well as the light level. All this writing may make it sound impossible; but it's so you can hit the mark YOURSELF. You can go to the pros; just not without lump sums.

COMPLICATED but doable.

Be careful with the number thing. One box might say 6 and another 5, 50, 51 or whatever number. Best you would call it Light (Neutral?) Brown. There are letters for the tone also. That's a mixed (RYB) balance uneven toward a tone. Best you call it cool(ash), neutral and warm(Golden). Again; it's not like is art where cool is actually bluish. Cool for hair is almost no warmth; but NOT none. All hair color (melanin) is a version (saturation) of Brown; believe it or not. Grey is little to no melanin.

Everyone's hair darkens over the years (until complete Grey which is lightest). You can look 10 to maybe 20 years younger in lighter level; but it's not natural. They tell ladies not to change over two levels (from current color in roots). Things get weird at 3 and it's unhealthy to do. It should be 1 level max. Guys best move 0 light levels to what you were last. Which is likely levels darker than you were at 20.

Oh yeah. Side burns should be root level or at least no lighter than the average level of your hair. You may need one level darker box color on your grey side burns than you would on top of your head. You can easily mix half levels (same line and type) too. I'd say most natural in now hardly much more level variation than 2 levels. Think of your highlights as close to the next level up. Do them last. Roots are the standard. Greay first. Roots. Then base out from roots. Then consider pausing if taht's right for you. Then ends AKA everywhere evenly. Anything dry will not take.

Last edited:
If you go to dark it will be obvious and you'll have to grow it out. If you go to light it will not do much. Thick Grey is difficult to get it to take. But don't be tempted to go to dark.

There's a lot about permanent being better for covering Greys. Well it will; but you'll get to keep it; if the level or tone is off. The thing is... the "permanent" color tone will change even if you get it right the first time. You'll also have that demarcation line and need to redo just your roots next month (with 5 minute wash through on the already colored rest of your hair. Again, demi fades out so the colored area (out from new roots) transitions. So you can then let it go back to Grey or optionally do the roots + with Demi again. With the permanent color you can't stop until you at least do the root with a matched Demi;that will fade gracefully next month.

BTW hair "bleach" is actually a hair lightener mixed from a power and another way to go up to lighter levels; while also removing color. Like hair remover then hair coloring (with peroxide) is usually done in a second step to that PRECISE levels (where stopped) leftover undertone. Just FYI: Because guys will not normally be doing this. You can go longer or stronger peroxide toward 3 levels lighter and lightening power can go 3 or 4+ levels; but it's a lot of damage based on the level you get to; no matter how you get there. Demi is like half a level damaging; but it's colored back to the same light level. Thus little damage. Demi does not open the hair cuticle as much. That's why underlying color and health stays in the hair and the added dye fades gracefully and leaving was in the middle of the hair shafts.

Chlorine bleach should never touch your hair. Nor am I a fan of baking soda; because it's to phsyically damaging. Very inexpensive color remover kits work BETTER and with less damage. But do it right and you'll never need a color remover. You got to pick the right level and the right tone for you and where your hair sections are starting. Follow directions. Do it in the right order and timing. First Greys. Then roots if they are greys there. Then base and out to the ends; if Grey are there. If areas are already good then put it on them for tonal matching (if needed) for only the LAST 5 minutes.

Side burn easy:

I do my Grey side burns sometimes. Up to just over my ears a few millimeters. Where the Grey is. This is better than all over.

o Put lotion on your skin only around the hair your coloring but not in any hair. Ribbed in.
o Turn on a fan. (But Demi also isn't smelly.)
o Put on gloves. Get some good nurse/doctor ones.
o Old messed up t-shirt.
o That good daylight bulb lighting and strong.
o Wet a old rag with cool water to wipe any drips.
o Pour just 5ml in a tiny non-metal measuring cup (used only for this).
o Pour equal amount 5ml of the cream peroxide. It should be at the 10ml line.
o If you need cooler tones put 20 drops of blue to start.
o Mix it very well. Don't spatter.
o Use an old cleaned tooth brush and you can mix with that.
o Brush it on the Greyest parts first. Alternate sides so it goes on at the same time.
Kinda thick and work it into thick hairs from root out and comb it down to stay as wet as possible; but not drippy.
o Work quickly but mind drips and splatters. Wipe them up so they don't stain anything.
o Start you timer as soon as Greys are covered (less than 5 minutes).
Usually that's just 10 minutes with a Demi. 15 for thick older Greys. No longer.
o A few minutes before that last 5 minutes (eight or nine minutes left) you can optionally put any left over in the rest of your hair; but you have to make as much more as you need.
[With timer set to beep clean up!]
o Per direction when times up; be ready to hit the showers and with WARM water barley wet it ans massage in for a minute or so. Rinse till clear and apply the included conditioner and leave it on for a while.
Don't judge it until completely dry.

If it's ever so slightly to dark then PERFECT. Next time you wash it (in 3 days) then it will be perfect.
You're finished for a month. :)
Take GOOD detailed notes and adjust the tone next time.

If your virgin Grey's didn't take the color well (thick?) then don't be tempted to try darker or go excessively longer. It may take next time. Give it a while first. You have to follow the box timing and choose the right level and tone (and good brand) of Demi custom for you.

Basically you're matching the way God made you. Before. ;) Who knew He knew what He was doing?

P.S. Perk: Any time you look at a lady now you can (usually) tell if they color their hair. LOL. Impress your lady with you know how. Save her hair and your pocketbook. We do!

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Price wise Natural Instincts box was $6 but about $3 with coupons. It's 55+55ml; so that's ELEVEN side burn applications. Large tube of conditioner not just a packet too.

That about 27 cents every month or two. One box last 11 to 22 months. Is that cheaper than JFM?

The formula does matter so the brand, type and model matters.

Remember there's no "fixing" damaged hair; only hiding it with goo. Once washed out it's still damaged. Damage eventually needs to be cut of. Don't pull harshly, or use poor hair products or excessive rubbing and heat. Don't wash new color you want to stick for 3 whole days. Dry shampoo can extend without washing as much. Use a low suds shampoo and conditioner for colored hair you don't want to fade. Don't wash you hair just before coloring or you'll need to put some oil in it first. Don't hair products in it though. Hair frayed, split or damaged? Do a hair mask a few days before coloring. That could be a simple as an egg and tiny amount of honey with enough thin coconut oil or conditioner added for 20 minutes. It's about the protein. Keratin is good.

So yeah I also rock my Grey proudly. Yet sometimes match it and it's not a sin. While vanity is the beginning of all sin; taking care of yourself, like bathing and shaving just so, does not have to include any vanity. Grey or color.

Yes you basically have to become like a pro (Amateur in best sense); because it is indeed one of the things where it's easy to think, "this should work", but then it doesn't due to lack of experience and hair type (etc...)

But I' never say run to the expensive colorist pros ONLY; because about half the time the results are off. Even with the pricey "pros". See; you can know you and better than they can. Sure; this is not for everyone. A "relationship" with a colorist is even more expensive and while they say they have no reason to hide the details, they do(to different degrees). I tried and that's very costly and not enough information. It's their bread and butter. The whole reason they are so high priced is it's relatively hard. But like shaving once you are over the hump and don't get loose with it.

So you can't have experience without doing. Doing something like this at first can cause errors. Just like shaving! Therefore all the expansive details (I can't spell check; sorry) just so if you want it then you can make little to no mistakes. You simply need to know the whys. AKA science of it first. Even if you only do Grey; it's kinda interesting to learn about how were made, what works and what's going on with all that.

*If* you sometimes do cover Grey then it is possible to avoid off tones and level and with a Demi (just once a month or two) you can limit or eliminate Grey in (say) just your side burns. Because when you find the match with temporary color(Grey-Away); then you get sick of reapplying it every-time you shower. Plus a slow-wash-out Demi is milder than permanent coloring.

Maybe you have a High School Reunion or something. This is not something you'd want to learn the day before.

The world is not all about us. However it's your body. You're in charge of being your best. If we repaint the church to look newer; that ain't (necessarily) vain. Nor does it mean Grey is bad. I mean... you can look 10 years younger *if* you get the level and tone down. Guys look off IMHO if you don't.

Detailed as heck; but very doable. I hope I have conveyed zero fear; just when you do it then that's some hard fought info for complete success; without errors. Do not skip a strand test; because guys think their hair is not long enough to do that and you best do that and then you know. Grow your burns a bit long and test their. Shave it when it's wrong. No problems. After all the knowledge, it's 15 minutes about every 1.5 months! The Demi way that does NOT have to be all year. With Demi stopping is automatic. It's like it's just going Grey slowly. Don't do permanent unless it's a special case. Do *START* with temporary and not thickly. Only then Demi.

Oh yeah. Henna is generally bad. And Grecian formula with LEAD! It has metals in it which react badly with peroxide and you can ruin your hair that way. Nothing is really "natural" more than another. You should just LIMIT the strength and time of peroxide (mainly). Demi does. Any somewhat questionable components have been cautiously banned from most hair color.

Last edited:
Top Bottom