What's new

Just Deystroyed the Edge....

I purchased my razor from superiorshave.com and its good so far, came with a shave ready edge. However i decided to buy the silicone oil infused sock for the razor so it doesnt get any rust on it. When i carried over all my shaving stuff in to the bathroom my razor fell on the bath mat, I inspected the razor and everything looked fine. Today i went in and the same thing happened but this time the darn thing fell on the tile and then hit the bathtub, i inspected the edge and sure enough it no longer looks uniform, i stropped on the red paste to see if i can get it back but the one side starts to pick up paste, iam guessing it got pushed over to the one side. I am SUPER pissed...
So DO NOT BUY THE SILICONE OIL INFUSED POUCH unless you plan on making sure that u carry the razor right side up every time because it will slide right out, Or unless you want to add a button or a velcro strap to it. Use it for storage but not to carry i guess :(

So what do i need to get my razor back to shave ready? I wasnt planning to buy a hone for another few months or so. Goddamnit...

gotta learn to hone sooner or later... iam thinking of picking up a belgian coti anyone know of a decent dealer? Although i might take you up on the offer to hone...

I got the best quality 5/8 extra hollow. it was cheap(er, not all that cheap really) from what i read it seemed that it shaves the same as their higher end ones, so why bother with a better "looking" razor as a first shaver?

I just shaved with lol... however i didnt use the middle part which is where most of the damage had been done, i got a decent shave out of it actually, but only wtg.

gotta learn to hone sooner or later... iam thinking of picking up a belgian coti anyone know of a decent dealer? Although i might take you up on the offer to hone...

I got the best quality 5/8 extra hollow. it was cheap(er, not all that cheap really) from what i read it seemed that it shaves the same as their higher end ones, so why bother with a better "looking" razor as a first shaver?

I just shaved with lol... however i didnt use the middle part which is where most of the damage had been done, i got a decent shave out of it actually, but only wtg.

the same place you ordered your razor is a good place to get a coticule.

However I would suggest having your straight honed and getting shaving with it down pat before trying to learn to hone.

As for the Dovo best quality razor I have one and it is a great shaver.

Actually this is where I was going to get my hone but the jarrod is closed up shop due to family matters, its on the front page.

Actually this is where I was going to get my hone but the jarrod is closed up shop due to family matters, its on the front page.

Sorry to hear about the family problems but you can either wait or get a coti from Fendrihan.com, coticule.be, there's one for sale in their marketplace or straight from the folks at ardennes-coticule.com. Those are just the places off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

the same place you ordered your razor is a good place to get a coticule.

However I would suggest having your straight honed and getting shaving with it down pat before trying to learn to hone.

As for the Dovo best quality razor I have one and it is a great shaver.[/QUOTe

Agreed! Repairing a damaged edge is definately not honing 101...closer to graduate level work IMHO.

I'd take Joe up on his offer so you have a shave ready straight available right away. That is a very kind offer.

Sorry to hear about the family problems but you can either wait or get a coti from Fendrihan.com, coticule.be, there's one for sale in their marketplace or straight from the folks at ardennes-coticule.com. Those are just the places off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

yes looked at fendrihan, i think i might send it to harvitz, as everyone thinks this would be a good choice... saves me some cash to buy the hones next time. In the mean time its back to the mach 3 i guess :( or i may pick up a whipped dog as well :) at around $30 they look like a decent deal.

Top Bottom