What's new

Just curious: do you care about “skin food”?

Is skin food necessary in your splash

• Yes, imperative

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Not really

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I like both, it just depends

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
I don't search for "skin food" ingredients. But if i find out that my splashes have any I appreciate it. I was pretty happy when I found out that my Proraso green had Witch Hazel.

Call me odd, but the first thing to come to mind when I read this threads title is "pork rinds", and I do like them!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
..I can’t see buying water and alcohol plus scent...

I'm over paying 20 bucks for water, alcohol, glycerin, and a fleeting scent. Put some quality ingredients
in there and let me feel like I'm getting some value for my money.

I'm in this camp. $15-$20 for water, alcohol, and "fragrance"? No thanks.

My favorite AS's all have some good skin stuff in them
  • Calendula
  • Chamomile
  • Witch Hazel
  • Glycerine
  • Aloe
  • Camphor

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
When I opened the thread "Goodbye Horses" started playing, and a voice said to put the lotion in the basket.

LOL At work once I had to write a launch plan for a software rollout and as one of the steps I included "it puts the lotion on".

Nope

Edit: Actually I think that I can barely detect it in Lucky Tiger. Chamomile is a very mild scent so easily masked by other ingredients.
Odd.
I have some Chatillon Lux "Pure Lavender" AS and I cannot detect any lavender, but it's got a great chamomile scent.
Which I like. Too bad it appears to be discontinued.

B&B: "I only buy $40 shave soaps because of the skin feel"
also B&B: "my aftershave is just alcohol with fragrance oil"

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Glycerin. Avon aftershaves are high in glycerin. After using only Avon for a few weeks, I can definitely feel a difference!

I bought a bottle of glycerin at wallyworld, and add a few drops to any Pinaud etc. without it.

Alcohol, water and scent ... is that really aftershave? Or a weak cologne? Alky does sterilize, but you need something to fix the drying effect of the alky. Simple glycerin does that.

Vitamin E, calendula and all the rest are nice, but. And you can go too far with these face food additives; look at Thayer's Superhazel: so much junk in it, makes your face sticky.

AA

My nose and throat cannot stand plain alcohol + fragrance type AS's so I never get to buy any of the old school stuff. Anything with some combination of skin food does wonders for me. There is one exception that I recently discovered though - Tend Skin (Tend Skin Liquid Effectively Reduces Ingrown Hair and Razor Bumps) that has a very high level of alcohol and acetylsalicylic acid and no fragrance but works superbly well for me - I apply it with a roll-on before layering on skin food balms.

Top Bottom