What's new

Just checking in

Hello to everyone!
I've known about wetshaving for a couple of years but never imagined it would be this addicting.
Started out with a Mühle Set and only palmolive cream in my shaving bowl. Afterward I thought I "graduated" when I found out about this universe of shaving forums from all over the world. I soaked up as much info I could gather and shortly after bought an old but gold Gillette Gold Tech. Gold is not for everyday so there had do be another one.. and after that one another Gillette DE from 2020 and then something more advanced - the Merkur Futur landed in my den. The forums sparked my interest and I realised there is even more to it: straight razor shaving. I love that. Shaving with those vintage straights sometimes made over 100 years ago in Solingen or Sheffield gives me great joy. Honing them myself as well. I like experimenting and checking out old/new stuff. After the first few straights I bought I said to myself "well, I caught the wetshaving bug real good". The rest is history.
I'm here to learn, discuss and of probably buy some cool stuff as well. Looking forward to communicating with y'all.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@marchibald welcome to B&B. There is yet a further step you can go in your razor AD (acquisition disorder), matching seven-day sets of SR's (straight razors).

One of my sets:

IMG_20210804_142632.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to everyone!
I've known about wetshaving for a couple of years but never imagined it would be this addicting.
Started out with a Mühle Set and only palmolive cream in my shaving bowl. Afterward I thought I "graduated" when I found out about this universe of shaving forums from all over the world. I soaked up as much info I could gather and shortly after bought an old but gold Gillette Gold Tech. Gold is not for everyday so there had do be another one.. and after that one another Gillette DE from 2020 and then something more advanced - the Merkur Futur landed in my den. The forums sparked my interest and I realised there is even more to it: straight razor shaving. I love that. Shaving with those vintage straights sometimes made over 100 years ago in Solingen or Sheffield gives me great joy. Honing them myself as well. I like experimenting and checking out old/new stuff. After the first few straights I bought I said to myself "well, I caught the wetshaving bug real good". The rest is history.
I'm here to learn, discuss and of probably buy some cool stuff as well. Looking forward to communicating with y'all.
Welcome and congratulations on your explorations! I still haven’t stepped up to the challenges of a straight razor. Admire your experimentation!

@marchibald welcome to B&B. There is yet a further step you can go in your razor AD (acquisition disorder), matching seven-day sets of SR's (straight razors).

One of my sets:

Ah yes, I have seen these rare boxes on a different forum already. It would really make a great entry in my collection - but how would I choose which ones to buy? Are there usually many brands to choose from? Something like this can only happen if the RAD is not too hard while shopping second hand online and the embers in my pocket stop.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Ah yes, I have seen these rare boxes on a different forum already. It would really make a great entry in my collection - but how would I choose which ones to buy? Are there usually many brands to choose from? Something like this can only happen if the RAD is not too hard while shopping second hand online and the embers in my pocket stop.
You choose which one to buy by first getting a like single SR. If you like that single SR, you then work on getting a M7DS (matching seven-day set) of the same. That first single SR is not wasted. It can be used as an evening razor when you are going out to the opera or ballet. That keeps the M7DS wearing evenly.

To possess a M7DS, you can try and find a suitable set already put together or you can build up your own. All the M7DS's I have had, I have built up myself. Once the SR's are obtained, you get their spines engraved (not etched), and build or have built a suitable timber case. It's a challenge but well worth it.

Over the past couple of years I have put together five M7DS's of new SR's and one set of vintage SR's. A vintage set takes much longer to build up but also gives you greater pride in your achievement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom