What's new

Just bought the "Q Shave" adjustable DE razor .....

A total spontaneous purchase, while watching NFL Sunday football with my iPad on my lap, I just ordered the Q Shave adjustable razor (Merkur Futur clone) from Amazon. With a $3.00 coupon, it came to $ 16.75 with Prime free shipping. So many reviews out there on the internet (hey, a freezing cold day here in upstate NY, so what else to do besides reading razor reviews on my iPad ?? LOL) and many YouTube videos about this razor .... I figured "what the heck, I'll give it a try." For the price of a well made perfect Woodford Reserve bourbon manhattan in my favorite local bistro, I'll be getting one of the most "talked about" razors of 2017. I'll keep you all posted as to how I like it once I give it a few tries.. Happy New Year Gents !

They're a good comfortable shaver. While you can get them for about half that, shipped from China, which can take 2-4 weeks to arrive. - Probably the worse postal service in the world. Also means you need to send it back to China if you want to return it.

You have Prime's shipping, free return policy and free return shipping. There's value in that, so, enjoy the razor. I use a Feather in mine at a setting of 3, BBS in three passes with comfort.

I have one also. I like it 3 pass BBS on 4. Hope you like yours.
Shave on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my mind, and just cancelled the Amazon order. I started thinking about when I would actually use the Q,
and realized it’s a wasteful purchase for me.
My Merkur 39C Slant is perfect for a two to three day stubble, and my Edwin Jagger, Maggard's MR5-v.3,
& two Merkur 34C's (one original and one with a custom Elite Razor handle) are my daily tools.
Enough razors for now. A great example of common sense overpowering razor acquisition disorder !

Last edited:
It's definitely worth $16.75 but it can be had a lot cheaper. I ordered the Ming-Shi Futur clone from AliExpress for $6.89 delivered as a back up to the one I already have. At that price, it would kind of be a shame not to try it. It takes a long while to receive it but it's definitely worth the wait.

I ended up making a bit of sport out of finding the absolute cheapest version of this razor, amassing several purchases through ebay for $3-5, each ending in a return of my money for one reason or another. Finally I decided to quit goofing around and get spendy to the tune of $6.50, delivered from China. Took about 3 weeks, and came with a tuck of blades and several styptic pencils.

Turns out it's an amazing razor. I've spent a lot more on razors I've liked a lot less. The best way I can put it is this: many of my razors would probably not be replaced if they were broken or lost. I'd replace my Futur clone.

Turns out it's an amazing razor. I've spent a lot more on razors I've liked a lot less. The best way I can put it is this: many of my razors would probably not be replaced if they were broken or lost. I'd replace my Futur clone.

I feel the same way. I just bought a Futur clone as a back up to the one I already have. I like the Futur clone so much that I sold my SLAB to bring my total number of razors down to 3. I like the Futur clone so much that I'm contemplating selling my Aristocrat leaving me with just the clone and my Dad's old Slim.

As always, YMMV. Got one for about $8 delivered off of AliExpress. When it's good it's great; delivers one of the best shaves I get. But it's not a particularly intuitive razor so I find that I have to pay closer attention when using it.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Great razor for the money; maybe a great razor, period (thanks to Merkur). It shaves nearly as closely as my R41 when set on "6" (wide open)--with less risk of blood. The club-like head takes about a minute to get used to, and that's it. The thing plows through a two-day growth with nary a tug when loaded with a five-shave-old Astra green.

I, too, plan to purchase an extra as a back up from the PRC. Alibaba here I come.

Top Bottom