What's new

Just bought Supermax triple action cream. Anyone used it?

How's the performance and scent?

I bought the menthol version and it's made in bangladesh.

It only costs me $1.10 USD here in Singapore for a 100ml tube.
supermax-menthol-lather-shaving-cream-p163-193_medium.jpg

Not in my case.

It seems to me like Super Max is an unusual company in the sense that their products are made in different countries. There doesn’t seem to be a definitive location on the company’s website. Some Bulgarians told me these creams are made in Bulgaria, others say Spain, while one even told me in Senegal. I don’t know what to think anymore!

Rick

So I've used this twice already. Face and bowl lathered once each.

Scent: Virtually non existent like most cheap indian creams. The little I could pick up smelled like peppermint ice cream. Not a big deal to me.

Menthol: NONE. Couldn't feel a damn thing unlike godrej whose menthol will freeze your face in 30 seconds. This really riled me up because the box said it's menthol.

Performance: It lacks the cushioning that other good creams like godrej provides. Even with a lot of cream used, the lather was a little too thin for my liking. The glide is there though but not by much. While shaving, because of the rather thin lather, I could feel the blade gliding across my skin although it was by no means uncomfortable or dangerous. That being said, it still gets the job done but there's nothing to shout about. It's a no frills cheap cream.

Value: For $1.50 SGD/$1.10 USD for a 100g tube, I'd say the value is good if you want something dirt cheap that gets the job done or if you're travelling and don't care if you lose it. This is the cheapest cream in Singapore right now. I do suggest getting godrej for $2.20 SGD because it is a lot better than this.

Equipment used: Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6, Lord Platinum blade, Gillette 7OC Super Stainless blade and Omega boar brush.

Note: It contains lanolin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom