What's new

Just bought my first vaping setup!

Its better, but still leaks. I took it apart, closed the vents off and put it back together. Primed it with a couple of dry hits while the vents were still closed. I did not check the coil because my tank was still full. I may dump it today and take everything apart. When I first got it, I wasn't quite sure how tight to screw the tank down to the mod. Now I have it as tight as it will go. After vaping all morning, I blew threw the mouthpiece and sprayed eliquid all over my clothes. I am using bananas foster juice, and I am wondering if it is too thin.

Its better, but still leaks. I took it apart, closed the vents off and put it back together. Primed it with a couple of dry hits while the vents were still closed. I did not check the coil because my tank was still full. I may dump it today and take everything apart. When I first got it, I wasn't quite sure how tight to screw the tank down to the mod. Now I have it as tight as it will go. After vaping all morning, I blew threw the mouthpiece and sprayed eliquid all over my clothes. I am using bananas foster juice, and I am wondering if it is too thin.
Honestly, I'd empty it, troubleshoot, and only refill with a bit of juice. Then test again, and if it works fill her up.
Be careful not to over-tighten the tank.
If it makes you feel better I once accidentally sprayed hot e-liquid onto my thumb burning myself.

Last edited:
Well, I do feel a little better. So I took everything apart today and cleaned real good. Put it back together and so far no leaks. I am vaping at 8-9 watts, anything higher and it is affecting the taste.

My mental notes so far- I dig throat hit. 12 mg is not enough for me. I have some 18mg to try yet so we will see. 24mg is the bomb! I really like the tighter draw of the iclear, so the bigger holes on the aspire doesn't really suit me. So, I need to focus on throat hit, flavor, and more vapor on inhale.

Still leaking. If I touch the vent ring I get juice on my fingers. I'm not sure what a dry hit is yet, but sometimes I get hits with no flavor but still get vapor. Other times its working like a champ, and the coil sounds like a beast. When it does work, I must say it's a party in my mouth! Flavor is out the box. Rather Aggrevating. Do I ditch it, or keep taking it apart? It did come with an extra coil, maybe I should swap them out. I did confirm they are the bvc's.

I hope its working by now. If not take it to the shop where you purchased it an have them take a look at it. Most local shop owners and employees are great on customer service. They know you could buy online or go to another local shop, so they tend to be very customer focused and like to resolve issues.

No leakage since I replaced the coil with a bvc mini coil.
Fyi- for those that don't know yet, the new mini bvc coils have larger wick holes and work much better.

No leakage since I replaced the coil with a bvc mini coil.
Fyi- for those that don't know yet, the new mini bvc coils have larger wick holes and work much better.
Sorry I forgot to suggest changing the coils *insert facepalm here*
Glad to hear its sorted now.

i have 2 nautilus units, and both leak... so i switched to the Atlantis... now i wish i had saved the money and posted here... new coils it is

Make sure you order the new mini bvc coils. It's been a week or so since I put a new coil in and zero problems with several refills.

Top Bottom