What's new

Just bought my first NEW

Thanks Teppanyaki,

Yes, that looks like and ideal replate candidate and should come up really well.

The razor is question is an English Military model 'New' and relatively scarce, especially with card insert etc. Great score for sub £3 :)

Replating in standard nickel as per the original is £25, so you'd have a great razor for a grand total of £28 (plus the postage of course) and not a trace of Zamak in sight ;-)

Last edited:
The razor is question is an English Military model 'New' and relatively scarce, especially with card insert etc

Thank you, I did not know at all what kind of New it is. How does it differ from other models? I am curious how aggressive it is comparing to a SC.

Well done. I don't have an English NEW but my 'Colonial' NEW gives me some very good shaves. You may find yours requires a slightly different angle of attack from most modern razors so experiment along those lines if you feel your not getting the best shave possible from it.

The style of base plate is what we have started to call the twin pin, thanks to xillion's famous comparison photo's of the News. I can tell you they shave very well. I did not know the info that otonoman gave. I was glad to learn it.

Nice razor, enjoy.

I have a razor that is nearly identical (although I paid WAY more than you did). I find it to be just as smooth as a US-made NEW SC, but more effective. It is my favorite mild razor right now (I'm quite fickle). Most days, I prefer the UK raised flat bottom NEW paired with a heavy handle a bit more because I think it is slightly more effective than the twin I pin flat bottom (i.e., yours).
In any event, you will love that razor after it has had a bath in warm water + mild dish soap and a scrub with a soft toothbrush.

Top Bottom