What's new

Just bought a Wool Coat

I always liked this coat, and I'm not one for fashion, or to spend money on clothes. (It kills to spend $30 on my work shirts)...

But the price was going down, from $600 to what it is now. I also got 20% off so I "only" paid $220. It killed me to spend that, but at that price, I had to. Handmade in Ireland, this will keep me warm.

Biddy Murphy makes good stuff. Ive got a flat cap from them that is wool and its very warm.
Im a big fan of wool coats too. I wore Carhartt coats for years but recently made the switch to a peacoat and I love it. So classic, so cool but also quite warm.
Now that Im nearing 40, I wanted to make my wardrobe a bit more mature; which for me meant retiring the graphic tees and hoodies in favor is plain white or black tees and sweaters and flannels. It also meant replacing the Carhartt coats in favor of the peacoat.

Good price on a biddy Murphy. I adore my Guess wool coat with a fake sweatshirt underneath it (it's a zip in liner but only about 4-6 inches total on the front to give the illusion of a sweatshirt with a hood underneath. Yes it's a bit hipster but I love it) and I have a charcoal wool overcoat that is amazing on a blustery cold day. Money absolutely well spent.

Badgerstate, the carhartt is never out of style.

Biddy Murphy makes good stuff. Ive got a flat cap from them that is wool and its very warm.
Im a big fan of wool coats too. I wore Carhartt coats for years but recently made the switch to a peacoat and I love it. So classic, so cool but also quite warm.
Now that Im nearing 40, I wanted to make my wardrobe a bit more mature; which for me meant retiring the graphic tees and hoodies in favor is plain white or black tees and sweaters and flannels. It also meant replacing the Carhartt coats in favor of the peacoat.
Yes,I have 3 Biddy Murphy caps.. Or had 3, I can't find one one them and that depresses me.

I always liked this coat, and I'm not one for fashion, or to spend money on clothes. (It kills to spend $30 on my work shirts)...

But the price was going down, from $600 to what it is now. I also got 20% off so I "only" paid $220. It killed me to spend that, but at that price, I had to. Handmade in Ireland, this will keep me warm.
That is a gorgeous coat! Enjoy!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Didn't even think about that. Thank you for bringing that up.
I have a vintage wool overcoat somewhere here. I got it cheap at a thrift store, I think. It has gotten too small over the years, lol. Anyhoo, very nice coat. Wore it to Lodge, church, etc, 30+ years ago.

After I'd had it maybe 5 years, I'd noticed that someone, someone REALLY good had repaired some moth holes. I mean, this thing was in a herring bone pattern, real fine black and off white. They did a phenomenal job. Doubt many people today in the US could do that today.

Boy, how do youse guys put up with my loving the sound of my own voice so much? ..... I said all that nothing to basically try to justify not throwing out a probably 70 year old coat!

Top Bottom