What's new

Just arrived...

full

Bit of a red theme going on.

1 Stench Stick and 2 Yucky Pucks (only joking I love Arko). Not tried the pucks before so I thought I'd give them a go for a change.

And Cella aftershave, first time with this and it smells wonderful, really impressed with it. Nice heavy duty bottle too.

(I thought we had an acquisitions thread for this sort of stuff but I couldn't find it anywhere, so if I've just missed it give me a shout and I'll move this there)

I love Arko shave sticks. Truly do. I haven't tried their pucks of soap before but I imagine they're the same ingredients and work just as well?

The aftershave...what does it smell like? What would you compare it to?

Youngest son has the Arko Puck, I'm not a fan of it. I'm assuming it's the same but it just doesn't seem to lather as good as the sticks (for me). He's happy with it. Might be user error on my part.

I love Arko shave sticks. Truly do. I haven't tried their pucks of soap before but I imagine they're the same ingredients and work just as well?

The aftershave...what does it smell like? What would you compare it to?

It's a very fresh barbershop sort of scent, I'm terrible at describing scent profiles, it's a little bit floral but not enough to be feminine, just a touch, it really is nice.

It's really hydrating as well, very soft skin after using it.

Youngest son has the Arko Puck, I'm not a fan of it. I'm assuming it's the same but it just doesn't seem to lather as good as the sticks (for me). He's happy with it. Might be user error on my part.

Apparently they are exactly the same formula, I occasionally use the sticks by loading the brush on them, pointlessly really, just to change things up and they seem to lather fine like that, I'll report back once I've tried it. To be honest I only want them for the snazzy Arko tubs :D

I'm also hoping that the tubs will keep that just opened Arko smell that really whiplashes your head back a little longer than the sticks, they tend to become a little too subtle after a while.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's a very fresh barbershop sort of scent, I'm terrible at describing scent profiles, it's a little bit floral but not enough to be feminine, just a touch, it really is nice.

It's really hydrating as well, very soft skin after using it.
Thanks for that review. I'd been wondering about it!

And that is a great haul. I love Arko sticks. Smell is what I imagine the urinals in Heaven smell like. At least the one that is being prepared for me....

Great purchase, Arko has a great scent, like a fresh Spring day. Cella is another wonderful product.

Thanks for that review. I'd been wondering about it!

The Cella aftershave should be tried and posted about on the board much much more,...sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that ever talks about it and it's my duty to chime in if anyone ever asks about it :a17: LOL. I think it's great stuff, I can't really properly describe it either, it just has a very classy pleasant fresh cologne type scent

It's nothing at all like the soap. It seems like, on the forums, Cella soap sometimes falls into the same category with arko and tabac- where there's a big divide on people who either absolutely love or totally hate the scent... and that might be keeping alot of people from trying the aftershave, which is too bad because that aftershave is fantastic !!

I like all that stuff although I haven't used Arko soap in a few months. I put on some Cella AS this morning before going into the VA building.

I just used some Cella after my shave few minutes ago, perfect pairing with the new Razorock Yellow Label puck soap (italian citrus/ADP colonia) and an old timey New short comb frankenrazor

The Cella aftershave should be tried and posted about on the board much much more,...sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that ever talks about it and it's my duty to chime in if anyone ever asks about it :a17: LOL. I think it's great stuff, I can't really properly describe it either, it just has a very classy pleasant fresh cologne type scent

It's nothing at all like the soap. It seems like, on the forums, Cella soap sometimes falls into the same category with arko and tabac- where there's a big divide on people who either absolutely love or totally hate the scent... and that might be keeping alot of people from trying the aftershave, which is too bad because that aftershave is fantastic !!

It seems to have really good skin conditioning properties too, more akin to a balm than an aftershave.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, it is quite a different scent to my others (Pinaud, Aqua Velva and other more traditional barbershop type scents) and it seems closer (though it doesn't smell anything like it) to my Eau Savage cologne (the traditional one not the Johnny Depp one :D) so I get where you're coming from with the "cologne-type" scent, it's quite long lasting as well and doesn't need much, it's definitely not one for the Charles Bronson Mandom technique :D

Tried the puck for the first time today and you're sort of right, it seems to me to be exactly the same soap so it's probably a problem with form rather than formula, I did get the exact same lather but the way I did it was by loading the brush once, face lathering for a minute, then reloading the brush and doing my proper face lather, once I'd done this it was fine and subsequent coats were fine too, I did a three pass and still had plenty left in the brush.

I think it's because when you use the stick you're using much more soap by covering your face whereas it's harder to get that amount on the brush. I'm going to test this tomorrow by using the puck in the exact same way I use the stick and see if that changes anything.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

Great haul op.

ill add my 2 cents on cella aftershave. Its great. Super skin conditioning. And a great what ill call barbershop scent. Not too mild at application but doesn't linger too long. I also like cella bio. Same / similar scent. But slightly different.

Great haul op.

ill add my 2 cents on cella aftershave. Its great. Super skin conditioning. And a great what ill call barbershop scent. Not too mild at application but doesn't linger too long. I also like cella bio. Same / similar scent. But slightly different.

It's funny how different people get different things from these products, I've found it's one of my most lingering and long lasting aftershaves (not a complaint by the way), I put a tiny amount (for me, possibly a third of the amount I'd normally use) on about two and a half hours ago and it's still almost as strong as when first applied. Though its characteristics seem to have mellowed out to more of a scented soap type smell, it's really fantastic stuff though, it's definitely becoming one of my favourites.

I've found it's one of my most lingering and long lasting aftershaves (not a complaint by the way), I put a tiny amount (for me, possibly a third of the amount I'd normally use) on about two and a half hours ago and it's still almost as strong as when first applied.
Same for me too, that's what I really like about it. Feels like I'm wearing a sophisticated expensive cologne, ...for a fairly inexpensive aftershave price.

Same for me too, that's what I really like about it. Feels like I'm wearing a sophisticated expensive cologne, ...for a fairly inexpensive aftershave price.

About 11 hours now and I can still just about smell it, amazing stuff, it's never too strong either, not even when you first put it on, it just lasts and its characteristics just sort of mellow out and round off, like I said before it becomes almost like a really nice scented soap smell. About the most expensive cologne or aftershave I've ever really used is Eau Savages so I have no real reference point but this is how I imagine the best scents work, at the risk of repeating myself, this is amazing stuff, I'm so happy with it.

Top Bottom