What's new

Just About Gave up on Antique Stores - $3 Adjustables and a Bonus

Well let's just say I have been to so many antique stores around SoCal hunting for razors and came up empty nearly every time. The three razors I have found were a Berkeley Shave Select, 40's Super Speed, and a ugly NEW LC w/ a cracked handle. Ha. That's it in over a year of several times a month hunts. I also hit several estate sales and garage sales to no avail. While I have contemplated continuing the hunt strictly on eBay I was out of town the past few days and stumbled upon a coin shop/antique store. Scored a mangy $3 fat boy and an ok $3 slim. The topper was a $12 ABC Shell with a beautiful silver patina. No bent teeth either. It's gorgeous. I soaked, wire brushed and lightly polished the fat boy. Looks very serviceable. The slim will require a few tweeks but should be a nice user soon. Now for the pics. Just look at fat boy handle. I thought it was corroded brass...nope...just a nice gross layer of funk. Ha. Not to bad for under $20. Happy I found them but now it seems I may not be able to just shop from my computer screen. I would of just posted this in be aquisition thread but it felt weird to find something in the wild. I now know what it feels like to be Terence...just a little bit. Ha.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 204
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 202
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 202
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 201
Man don't you just get that euphoric rush when you find one in the wild...let alone three? (He says as his eyes leer at the unobtainable treasure!)

You just took the Triple Crown away from American Pharaoh !

I am in San Marino, near Pasadena -- where are you?

Dragonmaster

I am out in Yucaipa. Work in Ontario. Have hit shops all over the IE and out towards you. I found these in Ridgecrest. Was out bidding some work at China Lake.

Thanks everyone for the replies. It truly was a good feeling to actually see these in the case. When I saw the price I was shocked. Too good to be true. Ha. Here is a few pics of the ABC amongst his tarnished pals and his shiny brother.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 150
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 149
Patina still looks good.
The ABC razor is one I still haven't been able to obtain.
There are several cases, for that razor, for sale, on eBay.

Top Bottom