What's new

Just a small 9mm PSA. Federal is selling.

I’ve seen deals at under 25 cents/ round on ammoseek yesterday and today. They’re sold out before I can put them in my basket, but at least lower prices are starting to appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked our local Academy when the ammo truck comes. They told me which days. I show up before they open and walk in as the doors open. I pay about $11.99 - $13.99/ 50rd box of 9mm. I've bought thousands of rounds this way in the last few weeks. Also get .40 and .45 for about $.32/rd. Not great, but I'm able to get plenty of it this way.

I asked our local Academy when the ammo truck comes. They told me which days. I show up before they open and walk in as the doors open. I pay about $11.99 - $13.99/ 50rd box of 9mm. I've bought thousands of rounds this way in the last few weeks. Also get .40 and .45 for about $.32/rd. Not great, but I'm able to get plenty of it this way.

I’ll have to check that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

No Academys near us. Wish they were. Looks like a decent chain.

Timing the delivery truck arrivals seems to be the best way. I'm not doing that, but it makes the most sense if you need a larger buy.

Our LGS/range is keeping us replenished so far at what are tolerable (barely) prices. The two boxes of 9 that we bought this morning to replenish a shoot were $14/ea. That may change as we creep into October. I have my ceiling where I just won't pay. Then we'll live off our ammo cabinet for a while.

You’re not the first person I’ve heard that from. Same with Cabelas dropping orders. The Federal was a surprise, but they use a third party for consumer sales. Same with Speer.

The ammoseek listings are not always straight, either. It happens occasionally that a really low price hangs at the top of the queue, when in fact the vendor has been sold out.

It’s the wild west of ammo out there right now.

I do feel bad for the new people and those who haven’t built up an ammo locker. A lot of people are just more casual firearm enthusiasts with a gun or two and don’t think about these things.

I’ll keep posting promising new listings on this thread as time permits.
Cabelas did this to me with a big 22 order. It does suck. Could have spent time looking for other 22 lr but I thought it was on its way.....

I received an email flyer from Cheaper Than Dirt last night. They're selling Armscor 9mm Luger for $60/box of 50, limit of 4 per customer. Federal Syntech is the same price, but you can only buy two boxes of that.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I tend to avoid retailers whose name sounds like it should be emblazoned on a used car lot. Not sure how I got on their mailing list.

If you have an honest family-owned LGS, that in my experience is still your best bet for ammo at reasonable prices, even now. For those of us who do, we are blessed.

But I know not everyone has one of those to depend on. That is why I have been posting some online vendor sources as they pop up. Some are priced near or at ugly. But it remains in stock, at least for a little while.

Price is one thing. A big thing for many of us. But for some, they can't find any, at any price.

Lots of greedy marketeers are looking for fleecees these days.

Rural king just had .223 , 400$ for 2k , the 55grain kind. I found a deal on 250gr 454 though. 1.70 a round to my door bought 80 rounds lol.

Top Bottom