What's new

Just a Humble thank you.

I've been a long time (intermittent) lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to say thank you to this exceedingly knowledgeable community. Through you I've been able to reach shaving nirvana in the form of a GC84 and GSB blades with a Stirling soap.

The RazoRock is an absolute game changer for me. Pun most certainly intended. I wouldn't have even heard of it without this forum so for that you all have my eternal gratitude.

No more razor burn or struggling with my old 38c barberpole.

I'm so flabbergasted by how good this razor is that it moved me to make my first post in 8 years.

I thought everyone was exaggerating or embellishing the truth about the "no irritation shaves". Well I stand corrected.

Kinds regards, and as always......YMMV

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Copasetic : I don't believe in coincidences, so I find it hilarious that your username is Copacetic. Why? My wife and I were using that word today, and I mentioned to her that everytime my Dad would say it I'd laugh. When I was little he made me look it up in a dictionary to see what it meant!
I was like 4 years old! Who DOES that to a kid? I shoulda called child protective services. Of course, we didn't have those services when I was kid.

We were left to fend for ourselves in the sweatshops.

@Copasetic : I don't believe in coincidences, so I find it hilarious that your username is Copacetic. Why? My wife and I were using that word today, and I mentioned to her that everytime my Dad would say it I'd laugh. When I was little he made me look it up in a dictionary to see what it meant!
I was like 4 years old! Who DOES that to a kid? I shoulda called child protective services. Of course, we didn't have those services when I was kid.

We were left to fend for ourselves in the sweatshops.
And look at me misspelling it. Your dad would not be proud.

I've been a long time (intermittent) lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to say thank you to this exceedingly knowledgeable community. Through you I've been able to reach shaving nirvana in the form of a GC84 and GSB blades with a Stirling soap.

The RazoRock is an absolute game changer for me. Pun most certainly intended. I wouldn't have even heard of it without this forum so for that you all have my eternal gratitude.

No more razor burn or struggling with my old 38c barberpole.

I'm so flabbergasted by how good this razor is that it moved me to make my first post in 8 years.

I thought everyone was exaggerating or embellishing the truth about the "no irritation shaves". Well I stand corrected.

Kinds regards, and as always......YMMV
Welcome aboard! I would have to say the true "gamechanger" was your lurking. :)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Let us read more messages from you.
I'll do my very best to indulge.
Just this evening I attempted a change.
The Nacet.

To me it seemed sharper and just a little too aggressive. I think I'll just stick with the GSBs for now.

Also, switched to an AP shaveco g5a synthetic, absolutely fantastic paired with B&M leviathan. Although initially I found it to be too assaulting of a scent, I gave it go and the post shave scent was pretty excellent. Not to mention the general slickness.

Hello, from Vancouver Island. That's some great kit. I'm also enjoying the G5a. Set the Nacets aside and try them again in a year. Oftentimes things change.
I find it really excellent for face lathering, it feels like it doesn't like the bowl as much.

And will do for the Nacets, solid suggestion.

Wow! What a great success story. I’m so glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself. I agree that this is a pretty incredible place, a nearly endless treasure trove of shaving knowledge.

Top Bottom