What's new

Jura Z10

I'm considering purchasing a Jura Z10 and looking for feedback if anyone has experience with this machine.

I know nothing about coffee but I enjoy a couple cups of black coffee from my Ninja drip system and Baratza Encore grinder. I was considering buying a dedicated expresso machine and grinder to learn the intricacies of making stellar coffee drinks, however I realized my wife does not share this curiosity, therefor a super automatic is more fitting. She really enjoys iced coffee so the cold brew capability is a big draw, plus the ability to make a variety of drinks.

How much effort is it to maintain the machine? I understand there are cleaning tablets that must be used daily when the milk components are used.

Hey Fallbeard, I haven't had any experience with the Z10 model, I have had two lower end Juras over the years. I like the brand a lot and recommend them highly. The simplicity of use, infrequent cleanings and very good coffee have been exactly why picked up another after the first ran out of steam after many years of service. There are other brands that have great reputations and you may check them too, but this is a simple endorsement of Jura's build and quality. Hope that's helpful. regards

Hey Fallbeard, I haven't had any experience with the Z10 model, I have had two lower end Juras over the years. I like the brand a lot and recommend them highly. The simplicity of use, infrequent cleanings and very good coffee have been exactly why picked up another after the first ran out of steam after many years of service. There are other brands that have great reputations and you may check them too, but this is a simple endorsement of Jura's build and quality. Hope that's helpful. regards

Thanks for your input. I’m not thrilled about the price tag associated with the Z10, but I am drawn to the ease of use, drink options, and build quality.

Do you have any thoughts about the maintenance and upkeep? Specifically regarding the milk function. I don’t want something that is so tedious that I don’t want to use it.

I’m curious to know what other brands would you recommend.

FB,
I've had "only" coffee Juras. I don't drink a lot of milk(ed) coffee. I had an A1 and now an ENA4. Both do just coffee and espresso. For family and guests that want milk I do have a separate milk frother. I don't know how much work goes into cleaning the Jura milk systems but as I'm looking it seems that you have to do it at least once a day. Makes sense. I've not had any issues with my coffee only machines and it tells me what needs to be done and when. I use a filter in the water tray so descaling hasn't come up ever. And maybe every 4-6months its asks that I clean it with their cleaning tabs. Takes about 15mins total. Followed by a couple coffees by me that I toss just to make sure its flushed. That schedule may increase or decrease on how many coffees you're making.

The machine I looked at before getting my second Jura was the Phillips 5400. It has a milk carafe that cleans itself (?)

This model is the mid range but its price is comparable to the Jura I purchased. There are less expensive versions with the similar functions as well as more expensive ones.

Jura also has milk systems models that are less expensive. Looking at their site brings up the S8 and E8. I don't know how many cups a day you want but as a home item these two should work too.

Lets us know how your research goes. Hope that answers some of your questions. Best regards, C

The Jura S8 would fit the bill for me. My wife enjoys cold brew coffee and the Z10 does that as well. I’m trying to eliminate trips to 4bucks.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with a well-thought reply.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Phillips 3200. I’m going to start researching it. It’s definitely winning the price comparison.

FB,
I've had "only" coffee Juras. I don't drink a lot of milk(ed) coffee. I had an A1 and now an ENA4. Both do just coffee and espresso. For family and guests that want milk I do have a separate milk frother. I don't know how much work goes into cleaning the Jura milk systems but as I'm looking it seems that you have to do it at least once a day. Makes sense. I've not had any issues with my coffee only machines and it tells me what needs to be done and when. I use a filter in the water tray so descaling hasn't come up ever. And maybe every 4-6months its asks that I clean it with their cleaning tabs. Takes about 15mins total. Followed by a couple coffees by me that I toss just to make sure its flushed. That schedule may increase or decrease on how many coffees you're making.

The machine I looked at before getting my second Jura was the Phillips 5400. It has a milk carafe that cleans itself (?)

This model is the mid range but its price is comparable to the Jura I purchased. There are less expensive versions with the similar functions as well as more expensive ones.

Jura also has milk systems models that are less expensive. Looking at their site brings up the S8 and E8. I don't know how many cups a day you want but as a home item these two should work too.

Lets us know how your research goes. Hope that answers some of your questions. Best regards, C

As I'm considering the Jura ENA4, I'd be interested to know what coffee selection you most-often draw from your ENA4?
Any observations on best beans to use?
Thanks!

G'day Sarimento, my first drink is a regular coffee in the morning. Maybe an hour later i go for a single or double espresso. Mind you the espresso is not what I'd call a true espresso but it does the trick. The coffees are very good.
I had been told to only use lighter roasted whole beans. Super-Autos do not work overtime with darker beans that have a lot of oil in them. I'm not sure if its the grinder or the whole system that has issues with oily beans. I've used lighter roasted beans with both of my Juras w/o issue. best C

Top Bottom