What's new

Junk razor thread

Have you ever browsed Ebay or some other such site and seen a terrible razor, maybe with huge chips and rust and just wondered to yourself if the seller is smoking crack? Well this is the thread to post such items for the amusement of all forum members.

I will start with this one:-

I offered them $10. LOL

If I want cheering up I will often pop on to the bay 😂 the other week someone was selling a straight and the blade was ground down to around half size, and no scales. The description was ancient and extremely rare razor £100.00 🤣 priceless.

Legion

Staff member
Have you ever browsed Ebay or some other such site and seen a terrible razor, maybe with huge chips and rust and just wondered to yourself if the seller is smoking crack? Well this is the thread to post such items for the amusement of all forum members.

I will start with this one:-

I offered them $10. LOL
That blade (without all the rust) is actually quite desirable. I have a similar with ivory scales.

If it wasn’t such a stupid price I’d probably do to work to restore it.

I saw a Filly box marked at $10 on an antique store shelf (not in a locked case) a couple weeks back and figured it was just the box. I got a little excited as it was indeed a Filly round point with really pretty turquoise scales until I swung it open and saw the 1/4 inch missing out of the middle of the blade. Other than the missing chunk of blade, the rest of the razor and scales were in remarkable, near-new condition. I reluctantly set it back down, but now I wish I'd picked it up for the scales.

Yea that kind of stuff drives me nuts. If I'm going to spend $100 bucks I will try to educate myself about what I am buying.

Does anyone need a toothpick!

AED26244-2E9C-41AA-A23A-E5DD48265C56.jpeg

Wait for the next person to write "I have tough whiskers like barbed wire..." and then send it to them with the note that you just wanted to reunite them with their old razor.

Top Bottom