What's new

June Menthol Soap Discussion Thread (#2)

Gents this is the discussion thread for one of our two "of the month" themed products.

A separate thread has been started for discussion of D.R. Harris Arlington Shave Soap.

So back to the topic at hand..

What are your favorite menthol based shaving soaps?

proxy.php

proxy.php

These certainly aren't the only products open for discussion. This thread is for any menthol based soap.

Please discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, I am really enjoying Mama Bear's Lime Ice and Mandarin Ice. I'm more partial to the Lime than the Mandarin for scent, but they're both wonderfully refreshing! Frankly, I'm not sure how I'll be able to go back to non-mentholated soap!

Proraso was my first and is still my best...absolutely love the green tub...for me its better than the cream. An amazing 1-2-3 punch is pre/post followed by green tub followed by the splash.

I only do this on hot days....come to think of it, I'll probably do it tomorrow and put the Czech & Speake up for another day! :lol:

Proraso green tub routinely beats out my Tallow and other glycerine based soaps...its that good IMHO

I have never tried a Mentholated soap. Does it inpart a feeling of warmth? What makes it so grand......

thanks

Crom

Used MB's Awakenings this morning! Peppermint, tea tree and menthol!! Gotta love it! Paired it with some Alcolado Glacial AS and a healthy dose of Osage Rub splashed on before I applies the Lime Sec cologne!

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Felt great!! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the fast comeback. I will have to try that. I have CarrieM dragon's blood cream, which is nice but has a warming sensation to it. Would be nice to have one that does the opposite.

Crom

I have just got around to trying Valobra Crema di Sapone with menthol.

This stuff really amazed me. It didn't take much product at all to get great lather. The menthol tingle was slight but it was there. I am not even sure it is fair to call it a soft soap. It had a better cream consistency than some of the shave creams I have tried. I was able to pull off small parts of it and mold it into a bowl I like to use and keep the rest in a ziploc bag to help keep it from drying out.

now to find an aftershave to go with it...

Used MB's Awakenings this morning! Peppermint, tea tree and menthol!! Gotta love it! Paired it with some Alcolado Glacial AS and a healthy dose of Osage Rub splashed on before I applies the Lime Sec cologne!
Felt great!! :thumbup1:

Wow, that sounds like a winner. I'm very partial to peppermint soap as well as lime...I think I might have a Julime experiment brewing! :thumbup1:

Ok I bit the bullet and tried Proraso for the first time this am. It was nice lathered up with ease, for me it was a faint smell, but nice. I asked my wife to give it a smell, she said it smells like soap to me....
Nice glide, rather thick but not as thick and rich as MWF, but was nice and cool when I did the finishing rinse.
Topped it off with Aqua Velva Blue Ice. A very nice shave indeed. NIce cool sensation on the drive in to work.

Thanks,

Crom

I recently returned from Italy and was really disappointed with the availability of all the famous Italian soaps. Proraso original was everywhere, but couldn't find Proraso Green Tea, Figaro, Cella or Velobra. That being said, I did find a tub of Prep soap. It is lightly mentholated and is quite nice. The scent is a little medicinal but does not stick around long. Prep is no where near the same league as Proraso in coolness, but I like it quite a lot.:thumbup:

I was getting ready to mail this to my little brother:

proxy.php

But in the spirit of this theme month I decided I needed a shave with it first. So tomorrow, Omega it is!

I tried the CO Bigelow and love it. Cold water splash after the shave definitely enhances the menthol feel.

I like Proraso, MB' Awakenings, Lime Ice, and Mandarin Ice.
I also made some of my own peppermint with menthol.

The Shave Den will make soaps and creams to order with double menthol.
Pricey, but it is great!

Menthol is the best!

John

I've really been loving the SCS Blue Line Menthol SS for the last two weeks. Lathers easily and is very, very cold. Strong mint scent that doesn't linger long. A+ soap.

Last night I put a splash of Aqua Velva in my mug before lathering up with VDH soap. Was a very enjoyable experience. I definitely want to try out Poraso (soap or ceam).

Top Bottom