What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What does LHF mean in your handle name and/or description.

1626804522972.png

Razor: Ti 95 SB @Rosseforp Ti/Bronze LHF

That is one good looking handle!

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June & July
Razor: Karve Brass SB-G (Widebody Cap)
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
20210720_095013~2.jpg

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11362625

Very comfortable and little blade feel but technically efficient:
I used an F-1 Gillette 195 on abetting 9 for all 3 passes. I had a perfect bbs after the 3rd pass. Very little buffing only in my trouble areas. No nics or irritation or feedback from Mr. Alum. Very smoothly and efficiently removed 2 days of growth.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Very comfortable and little blade feel but technically efficient:
I used an F-1 Gillette 195 on abetting 9 for all 3 passes. I had a perfect bbs after the 3rd pass. Very little buffing only in my trouble areas. No nics or irritation or feedback from Mr. Alum. Very smoothly and efficiently removed 2 days of growth.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

The Fatboy indeed is a medium/high efficient razor if one cranks up the razor to setting 7 (and more). Used mine on setting 7-7-9 today. Easy and super smooth shave with a ton of shaving comfort. Lovely shave.
20210720_230555-01.jpeg

The Fatboy indeed is a medium/high efficient razor if one cranks up the razor to setting 7 (and more). Used mine on setting 7-7-9 today. Easy and super smooth shave with a ton of shaving comfort. Lovely shave.
View attachment 1299990
Same razor and blade as me :) yeah it isnt super aggressive but I'll say it gets the job done easily (efficiently) once set on the high levels. Lovely shave

Fayiz D.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I think of the Gillette adjustable as being surprisingly efficient at whatever setting seems best for you. My favorite of the ones I've tried - the Slim, the Fatboy, the Executive, the long handled Black Beauty - is the Executive. Mostly I use it on #5, but I've used most every setting.

4-14-21.Executive#5.Rave'sManchurian.Vitos.640.JPG

For me, it's probably not a high efficiency razor on #1, but it shaves well on all the numbers. It kinda depends what you want and how you want the shave to feel.

Whatever razor I use other than the iKon Tech (which I don't really like) and maybe a very small handful of others none of which come to mind require me to do considerable work to get a pretty good shave. This is true of some considered by many to be very high efficiency razors, most of which seem about like the Executive in that regard.

With very few exceptions I think I can get a pretty good shave with most any razor. That's not me saying anything about anyone else's choices or preferences or needs.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I think of the Gillette adjustable as being surprisingly efficient at whatever setting seems best for you. My favorite of the ones I've tried - the Slim, the Fatboy, the Executive, the long handled Black Beauty - is the Executive. Mostly I use it on #5, but I've used most every setting.

View attachment 1300012

For me, it's probably not a high efficiency razor on #1, but it shaves well on all the numbers. It kinda depends what you want and how you want the shave to feel.

Whatever razor I use other than the iKon Tech (which I don't really like) and maybe a very small handful of others none of which come to mind require me to do considerable work to get a pretty good shave. This is true of some considered by many to be very high efficiency razors, most of which seem about like the Executive in that regard.

With very few exceptions I think I can get a pretty good shave with most any razor. That's not me saying anything about anyone else's choices or preferences or needs.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Wait...gold Fatboys shave better than the others?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June & July
20210721_144737~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Timeless Ti TRH8 Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
Fragrance: Cuba Orange

The Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB is efficient, smooth and very effective. Definitely one of the best DE razors in my Big Dogs rotation and an absolute pleasure to use! :thumbup:

Excellent shave! :cool:

Top Bottom