What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 20210717
High Efficiency June & July
Razor: Yates 921-EH (Bead Blast Finish) (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray
20210717_124336~2.jpg

Very good shave! :cool:

Full shave notes here:

July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-B_2021-07-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: La Toja
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (4)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A really nice shave. :biggrin:
Today's team was wonderful, especially the Seagoing Software Scents to finish off Shark Week. 🦈

Many thanks for Shark Week @BigJ, great fun. It's been great to see the experimenters, the Shark lovers, the Shark haters, and all the other B&B misfits get together and have good time. :lol1:

My only problem now, is do I keep shaving with my one and only Shark blade...
or stop and save it for next year (à la @FarmerTan)? :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

1776 and King of Oud are my two July acquisitions, and they are my very favorite soaps. What can I say except to repeat Phil Rizzuto, "Holy Cow!"

As I have said before, I do not know why I ever use any other razor than the Henson. I enjoyed a supremely wonderful face and head shave tonight with the Henson Al13 medium using King of Oud. Tonight was different though.

The Henson website states that the Al13 was engineered specifically to work best with an Astra SP blade. Since I obtained my Henson in November 2020, like the responsible diligent rule following first born that I am, I have only ever used an Astra SP in the Henson. Tonight for the first time I shaved with the Henson using something other than the Astra SP.

The Polsilver blade, not surprisingly, delivered a comfortable, efficient BBS shave in only 2 passes plus touch-ups. I will sleep well tonight as I lay my silky smooth head on my cool cotton pillow. A very nice way to start the week.
IMG_20210718_122725774.jpg

Saturday 20210717
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray
View attachment 1298650

Full shave notes here:
Hmm. I like my Yates razor. The new eh plate interests me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210718_154208~2.jpg

Full shave notes here:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Ikon B1 Standard (TiBam Ti 'Antique' Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Turn-N-Shave 25mm Quartermoon Fan
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
shave 20210719_153449_2.jpg

The Ikon B1 Standard is one of my top rated mid-priced razors. In my opinion, the B1 Standard shaves well above its cost. Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11361452

20210718_191322-01-01.jpeg

I survived Shark Week without further wounds. So today's shave finally was dedicated to the vintage Polsilver Stainless. 2 days worth of growth called for an efficient razor. After 3 passes, my skin feels silky, airy and super soft, no irritation. Wonderful shave with a nice new to me blade.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Razor: Ikon B1 Standard (TiBam Ti 'Antique' Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Turn-N-Shave 25mm Quartermoon Fan
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
View attachment 1299287
The Ikon B1 Standard is one of my top rated mid-priced razors. In my opinion, the B1 Standard shaves well above its cost. Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11361452

Which razor comes to mind if you had to name a razor which is as efficient as the IKon B1 Standard?

July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-K_2021-07-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Bignoli Liquirizia e Menta
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (5)
ASL: Licorice and Mint SHOCKER [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The soap's fab, but the licorice thing is only an occasional special treat (daily would be OTT for me).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
High Efficiency SOTD

Razor:
Ti 95 SB @Rosseforp Ti/Bronze LHF
Blade: Shark SS (1)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: Proraso Green
ASL: Skin Bracer
ASB: Nivea balm

Did somebody say it's Shark Week?

Well, the stubble was getting a bit long since the last time I shaved under my neck, so I decided a little trim was in order after my 4 1/2 mile walk this morning.

I used my small ceramic bowl to get the lather started, as I'm not shaving my face, so face lathering is mostly out. A little neck lathering and that is about it.

I have noticed that the hair on the lower part of my neck grows sideways, from the center out. This means that no matter if I shave N-S or S-N, it is XTG.

So today I started my shave with a center to ear pass and the shark drew blood almost immediately. It also didn't appear to be cutting anything besides my skin very efficiently, so I quickly reverted to a N-S pass to finish up the right side of my neck.
The bleeding stopped mostly on its own, and I shaved the left side of my neck in the normal N-S manner, with the shark drawing no more blood.

The shave was actually quite smooth and close. I really never felt the blade, and the shave, was there was of it, was relatively irritation free.

I finished up with the Witch hazel and a splash of Mennen Skin Bracer to go along with the Proraso Green, with the Nivea balm soothing the savage beast.
20210719_174010[1].jpg

Top Bottom