What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

Thursday July 15

IMG-2973.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Slant
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Barberians Pure Badger
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Stirling Gin & Tonic

IMG-2975.jpg

HE SOTD: Karve CB Brass SB "G" plate, Feather blade (2)
Finished with some new Stirling Sandpiper AS that got the unsolicited approval of the lady of the house.

Prior to this shave, if you had asked me to compare the Karve G plate to the Muhle R41 GS, I would have said they were about the same efficiency, but having shaved with them on back-to-back days, I think I need to revise that. The R41 is more efficient in my opinion. The Karve is smoother, and the brass adds something, but for me, the Karve requires more passes and more attention to angle. A Karve in SS, possibly with a longer handle than mine, might be a slightly different comparison.

Enjoy your shaves

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Out of curiosity @never-stop-learning David - aren't all the months/days or shaves for that matter, supposed to be "high efficiency"? 😀 ... as per our joint understanding of Efficiency = Effective + Smooth...? What else could one possibly want... 😊

Effective = Efficient + Smooth. ;)

You can have an effective razor (like the Gillette Hybrid Tech) that is less efficient than another effective razor. It depends on the sum of efficient AND smooth. ;)

That's why, to me, the Vector is so good - highly efficient AND highly smooth. :cool:

20210715_155636-01.jpeg

Razor: Above The Tie OC H2-plate
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)

I bought this razor on the italian bay three weeks ago. It took some time until the parcel made its way over the Alps, but finally on last Friday it arrived safe and sound at my house. So first outing today. And it's been a tremendously close shave. The H2 plate is a beast, holy cannon. Quite some blade feel, but that's something I definitely like.

This is a highly efficient razor. I could have stopped after two passes, but for science I went all out. My skin feels like oil on glas. One tiny nick, no irritation.

Very nice first run.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1297220
Razor: Above The Tie OC H2-plate
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)

I bought this razor on the italian bay three weeks ago. It took some time until the parcel made its way over the Alps, but finally on last Friday it arrived safe and sound at my house. So first outing today. And it's been a tremendously close shave. The H2 plate is a beast, holy cannon. Quite some blade feel, but that's something I definitely like.

This is a highly efficient razor. I could have stopped after two passes, but for science I went all out. My skin feels like oil on glas. One tiny nick, no irritation.

Very nice first run.

I have the Classic H1 SB and have toyed with the idea of getting an H2 OC. Now I know I must - if I can find one (ATT is sold out). ;)

Last edited:
July High Efficiency SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-07-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The new blade felt a bit strange to start with… but then it realized it had joined a superb team and played a blinder just like its new teammates.

With the change of soap, back to my favorite TFS Mandarino Tachibana, I thought I'd give my magical Semogue Mistura a well deserved rest and give my red Shavemac a place on the team. Wow! Fabulous! The red Shavemac's moved into the favorite brush spot again.
I couldn't wish for a better team... shucks, I wonder if @Raven Koenes Rave's been influencing me subliminally again. :laugh: :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 196 for 196 = 100%
High Efficiency June & July
Razor: Merkur Opgress (Set on 3)
Blade: Silver Star (1)
Brush: Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle (Shavemac 22x46 2-band Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Barrister and Mann Barrister's Reserve Lavender
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Fine Lavender
Fragrance: Ach Brito Lavender Eau de Cologne
20210715_092022~2.jpg

Full shave notes here:

I have the Classic H1 SB and have toyed with the idea of getting an H2 OC. Now I know I must - if I can find one (ATT is sold out). ;)

Unfortunately I can't compare the H1 plate to the open comb version based on my own experience, so I don't know if there is a significant difference between them. According to my impressions based on the various forum threads I read prior to my buy there is one.

FWIW, in terms of shave comfort yesterday's shave with ATT H2 was more reminiscent to a shave with the R41 than to a shave with the Blackbird OC or Karve with F OC / G plate. Pls bear in mind, too, that this debut shave was made with none of my regular go to blades (due to Shark week). It might smooth out a bit with a sharper blade, however, I'd expect the prominent blade feel to remain.

I was hesitant about listing my new Wolfman WR2 1.15 razor as "highly efficient" but after my second shave with this razor I think it qualifies. This razor is gentile and highly efficient at the same time. That's a winning combo in my book. Today's shave I could have stopped after two passes for a DFS but the third pass rewarded me with BBS. I know that there are more efficient Wolfman razors out there but this one is no slouch in the efficiency department.

Sharko 6.jpg

Top Bottom