What's new

June & July are High Efficiency Razor Months.....

How do you like your Stirling razor?
I got both heads. The high aggression head really is very high. I accidentally touched my head and got a nick when putting it in place for a shaving stroke. I will not be using the high aggression head much.

The standard plate is very good, and highly efficient. It is about the same aggression as an R41, if not more, but smoother in feel. I don't feel the blade as much in the Stirling. I think there is a bit of blade chatter in the R41.

Today's shave was 2 passes on the face with very light ATG. Head shave was 1 pass plus a bit of touch up. Highly efficient, no discomfort or irritation, no blood, and BBS result on both face and head. Pretty excellent.

Stirling stainless with HA base plate and timeless titanium crown handle
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I got both heads. The high aggression head really is very high. I accidentally touched my head and got a nick when putting it in place for a shaving stroke. I will not be using the high aggression head much.

The standard plate is very good, and highly efficient. It is about the same aggression as an R41, if not more, but smoother in feel. I don't feel the blade as much in the Stirling. I think there is a bit of blade chatter in the R41.

Today's shave was 2 passes on the face with very light ATG. Head shave was 1 pass plus a bit of touch up. Highly efficient, no discomfort or irritation, no blood, and BBS result on both face and head. Pretty excellent.

I have it, same handle too. I feel pretty similarly about the standard plate. The standard is highly efficient with a fair amount of blade feel, I prefer smoother blades in it, like Voskhod or Silver Blues.

The HA is wild though, it's like an r41 on steroids and so much caffeine that it got the jitters. A crazy razor head, the polish on both is very nice though.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
darth-vader.jpg

High Efficiency June
20210604_133052~2.jpg

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (5 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash

First shave with the Beast! The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan has a pretty fair amount of blade exposure:
20210604_133201~2.jpg
20210604_133140~2.jpg

This is a very efficient razor. Used a steep angle with very minimal (really close to zero) pressure.

Passes: 2xWTG on my face and 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck. Used the Schick Type I2 Hydro-Magic for touch-ups.

The results were smooth, bloodless and free of irritation. :)

Not a daily driver, but I can see me using the Roedter 1909 occasionally as a change of pace. :thumbup:

Very nice shave! :cool:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Today I had my first shave with the Lupo 95. I had resisted the RAD for a long time with this one, but finally gave in. I have a Wolfman WR1 on the way, and the curiosity about their similarities got the best of me. I had the Aluminum and DLC Lupo, and sold them both. The rounded edges really annoyed me. And their shaves were decent, but not up to par with my regular rotation. So far this 95 version is much of the same, A lot of added blade feel and roughness, but no added benefit in the shave result. My challenging spots on my jaw and neck were not shaved as smoothly and efficiently as with other razors. One small weeper. Overall the shave was decent enough, but not great. I will give this razor a few more shaves while waiting for my WR1 to arrive. Then I will decide if this razor will stay or go.

2D929C61-7D96-4C02-A502-CBFD71C786B4.jpeg

Muhle R41 this morning. I just had to do a back-to-back as I compared it to Sterling's razor yesterday. I still enjoy the R41, but the Stirling standard is smoother and more comfortable. Plus, although usually not a trend-follower, I am a sucker for rose gold.

On the topic of efficiency, Stirling soaps are so very efficient. Fastest and bestest lather. Not only is the soap awesome, Stirling included a bonus sample in each of my orders, which is how I discovered Citron. Very generous!
IMG_20210605_084017201.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Saturday, June 5th shave

Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Shave Cream Bourbon Vanilla (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Calypso's Curse
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .95
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Stirling Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Stirling Bay Rum aftershave and EDT

This was one of those 11 on a scale of 1-10 shaves. Two days growth...didn't have time to shave yesterday morning. Everything just worked perfectly. Black Ship lathered up super good, creamy and slick...to my nose, a nice aquatic scent with a mild spice to it. The new Yaqi brush, first use, painted the soap on like a dream. And the Lupo .95 with a GSB performed beyond my wildest expectations. If I have two or more days of growth, my go-to razor will be the Lupo SS SB .95. My face and neck are like glass. Sometimes I feel like a YES man writing these things up...nevertheless...what a great shave. On a whim, I paired the soap with Stirling Bay Rum and, because of the mild spice scent in the soap, it was actually a very good match.

Happy Shaves, Everyone. Enjoy the day.

Kit 20210605.jpg

Top Bottom