What's new

June Acquisitions

From Esterval's to my cellar, probably my last order from them.
IMG_2846.JPG

June purchase from SP: a Missouri Meerschaum Ozark hardwood, a straight, and a 2 oz. tin of C & D's Gentleman Caller. No idea if I'll like the tobacco, except that some reviewers say it reminds them of the "old" Half & Half. I understand it's a good idea to dedicate a pipe to this stuff, as it ghosts strongly. An inexpensive pipe seems like the way to go.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
They have something in their site about no shipping to EU countries but it doesn’t say anything about international. Guess I’ll try and see what happens.

Why do you think it will be your last? I’ve thought about ordering some HU tobacco from Estervals.

This tops off my existing cellar of HU favorites. I have all these I need now plus a few more stragglers put up. These tins were 5 days order to door via DHL, by far the fastest of my orders from them.

Mail day! Got my baccy order, the bones pipes, and a couple other things haha. The replacement
bones brand dog looks excellent. No drilling issues and has good grain like the other. I like the gnarley bones too. Was kinda nervous about the random shape but I like it! Neat shape and it really isn't that gnarley. The baccy looks and smells delicious as usual. Also got a couple rope lighters. Probably won't use them for pipe lighting but I thought they were neat and might use them for some somewhat primitive fire starting practice.

20210604_132244.jpg

20210604_132214.jpg

20210604_133850.jpg

20210604_133916.jpg

20210604_133948.jpg

20210604_132319.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Mail day! Got my baccy order, the bones pipes, and a couple other things haha. The replacement
bones brand dog looks excellent. No drilling issues and has good grain like the other. I like the gnarley bones too. Was kinda nervous about the random shape but I like it! Neat shape and it really isn't that gnarley. The baccy looks and smells delicious as usual. Also got a couple rope lighters. Probably won't use them for pipe lighting but I thought they were neat and might use them for some somewhat primitive fire starting practice.

View attachment 1276726

View attachment 1276727

View attachment 1276722

View attachment 1276723

View attachment 1276724

View attachment 1276725
Is the Granger worth pulling the trigger on? I've held off on it because I don't want to buy 12 oz. just to see if I like the stuff. Even though I love OTC blends...its probably a safe bet.

Is the Granger worth pulling the trigger on? I've held off on it because I don't want to buy 12 oz. just to see if I like the stuff. Even though I love OTC blends...its probably a safe bet.
I haven't cracked mine open yet but I've been kinda the same. Didn't know if I wanted to get that large of quantity not having tried it. I like the old codger blends as well. Figured I would take the chance haha.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

No guarantees. But if you like SWR, you should like Granger.

As basic Burleys go, it’s hard to not like it, because there is not much to go wrong with it.

I don’t have any in cellar. But maybe some kind soul can ’loan’ you an ounce or two in a ziplock.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Go ahead and get tub and if you don’t I’ll swap you two jars of KVB. Each only missing one bowl full.
WV sells Granger by the ounce

Steveclarkus sent me a sample, and I liked it and got 2 oz. more from WV SmokeShop. If you don't like it, you can always mix it in with something else so it won't go to waste. But the tin note is almost edible.

Top Bottom