What's new

June 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Date20.06.2024
366 daily shaves
172/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaGillette Silver Blue (4)Razorock Big Bruce
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
BSS #1 (18)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
7/10 (Mostly ok)

Notes:

The blade is gone even after honing and stropping. The Athena did discipline it into performance and during the second and third pass became smoother. The Athena just delivers every time. I love it :001_wub:

Some additional shave notes are available here.

Enjoy your shave!

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Day 20, still in.

Brush: RR 400 matte Plissoft
Cream: Gillette Foamy red
Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: Silver Star (1)
Number of passes: 2 (cheeks WTG and XTG, neck XTG and XTG)
Touchups or buffs: Yes
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Yes, isolated
Result: DFS

Still in on day 20. Have a blessed day men.
IMG_4135.jpeg

Day 20, 66.7% complete

Still out.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I went back to the .84 Game Changer this time. After the 1.05, it's very easy to get a comfortable near-BBS out of it.

On the other hand, the 1.05 makes you more careful.

But do promise me that you will look after yourself, because from where I am sitting you very frequently have these days. I know first hand where that can take you. Not patronising you or anything, I just like having you (the other me! lol) around for years and years to come :clap:.
Yeah. My workflow is pretty crazy lately. I've established the saying "A burnout? I simply don't have time for a burnout" 🤪

But I appreciate your feedback and I'll take care. As long as I keep shaving all is in good order...

Speaking of which...

In!

20240621_170248.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Guido @JAHE I can only suggest to have a chat with people that are near and dear to you and know you for a while. Sometimes the clear to you straight Autobahn of „I have everything under control“ is seen as a slippery slope leading to a sharp bend by others. Stuff that was manageable easily 10-15 years ago might now put additional stress on you and Summer temperatures interfering with your recovery period at night won’t help either.

My wife slipped a disc 2 years ago followed by a post viral fatigue syndrome a year later. All well covered and treated with lots of support from family AND company but still it took a good while for her to get back.

A true burnout -and I’ve seen many of them over the years in my professional field- isn’t shrugged of in 2-3 months. It takes much longer (6-12 Months) and few people can or even want to come back to their former performance level.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Day 21, still in.

Brush: RR 400 matte Plissoft
Cream: Gillette Foamy red
Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Number of passes: 2 (cheeks WTG and XTG, neck XTG and XTG)
Touchups or buffs: Yes
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Yes, isolated
Result: DFS

Hannes @Multum in parvo

First things first. I didn't mean to make fun of the "burnout syndrome" with my flippant "saying" remark. Not at all. It's got to be taken absolutely serious. And I do.

I'm going through waves of severe work load, but I always try to not get drowned entirely. As you might know, I'm a dad of two youngsters. Having a zoom call only to kiss them goodnight on a regular basis isn't sufficient for me (and them either, first and foremost!)
So I try to have quality time with my family off from work whenever possible (but still, 60+ working hours have become my normal). Anyway, I already have forced myself to not work on the weekend (I rarely make exceptions to this, only if it is 100% necessary, which happens on rare occasion only).

So overall, I'd say, I definitely have to keep an eye on my stress level. That's what my lovely wife tells me as well. But I haven't reached a level where my mental/physical sanity actually is at risk.

Thanks you bringing this back to mind, Hannes! It's truly appreciated.

Cheers
Guido

PS: it's good to read your wife has recovered. 👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom