What's new

June 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Date
365 daily shaves
156/365​
GRUYERE
156/363​
GRUME June
04/29​
SOTMC
05/30​
High Efficiency June
05/30​

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R41Gillette Platinum (4)Omega Super Badger
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Haslinger
Sandelholz

Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS)8/10 (Comfortable)

Notes to these shaves:

Ghosting along. No new purchases.

General - very nice shave that I purposely did not take all the way given my relationship with the Platinum.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

bradley cooper love GIF

aaaaand I'm out...

Muhle scuttle and a puck of Aloe Vera soap did for me.

Great shave though 🙂

IMG_20230604_204905914~2.jpg

Snapped an Astra in two, and loaded a half in the Twig. It was a big improvement on the supplied Leaf blades. Got a comfortable DFS without any user error.

Top marks for agility in tight corners, like those annoying under-nose hairs.
I think the Twig is the most agile razor I own. I use Astra and Wilkinson blades in mine.
I killed Mühle's sea buckthorn cream today. No need to go out for a new one, since I have another unused tube in my stash.
A puck of Muhle Sea Buckthorn was a surprise Christmas gift last year. I think it is a top tier soap. I'm glad you have more in reserve.

I was wondering why on Earth I was looking and searching BST and the web for a Karve. And then I remembered - you planted a RAD seed :lol:
As already stated, when the time has come you might want to drop me a pm. 😎
Enjoy your day. The R41GS looked stunning this morning together with that orange brush!

Guido
Thanks. It's a Yaqi synthetic with a Black fibre "Boss knot". A lot of bang for the buck...

A puck of Muhle Sea Buckthorn was a surprise Christmas gift last year. I think it is a top tier soap. I'm glad you have more in reserve.
TBH, I like the cream even better. I always had some issues lathering the smallish puck. The scent, however, is lovely on both the cream and the puck.

Enjoy! 😀

Shave #4
- Still In -

• AOS Bourbon - SOTM
  • Paladin '23 B&B Contributor - Graphite Tut
  • Muhle R89
  • Personna Crystal (1)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea Protect & Care 2-in-1
What a great start to the week. Only one kiddo "in-school" this week and the back-end is all 1/2 day schedule. Eldest finished with a 4.36GPA and will be taking college courses over the summer while balancing Varsity Volleyball camp. Our youngest was greeted yesterday morning by a surprise visit from her coach with a sign indicating she made Varsity Cheer. She had custom shirts made so that the team could wear them to school today - pure awesomeness on her part ! I love the fact that even though my daughter was voted "Most Outstanding" by her coach and team from this past season, she still needed to tryout before a Club Panel.

While we were away in Chicago, we learned that the tryout dates were being pushed up so that her team can practice competitively over summer, as opposed to holding workouts and tryouts in the fall when school resumed. This meant that my daughter had to learn the new routine from a video provided by coach and her friends via FaceTime. All good right? Well, during tryouts she observed that the routine she learned was flipped (video mirror) and she literally had to apply all the movements in 180* fashion - apparently she nailed it !

Still in!

View attachment 1665920

Mühle Monday. R41GS 🤩
I killed Mühle's sea buckthorn cream today. No need to go out for a new one, since I have another unused tube in my stash.

Cheers!
Great scent

bradley cooper love GIF

aaaaand I'm out...

Muhle scuttle and a puck of Aloe Vera soap did for me.

Great shave though 🙂

IMG_20230604_204905914~2.jpg

Alrighty then. I hope that soap is next-level, and maybe the scuttle will be just the piece of kit you needed to make every shave amazing. In any case, there's always next month and we'll hope to see you then. For now, though, we encourage you to try to go 29-of-30, because every day is a new chance to practice restraint. :)

Feel free to stick around the thread and show us whatcha got, whether old or new. Stay in contact and you'll have support if you choose to join again.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - Forever?, SOTMC
2) @Chef455 - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
3) @mr_eleven
4) @Multum in parvo
5) @Roedeer
6) Wgg2017 - out (6/2: NOSSR)
7) @LJBraaten - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
8) @The Blackadder
9) @JAHE - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
10) @silverlifter
11) @hopper_64
12) GuidoTheGhost75
13) @iver
14) @Balin - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
15) @PersistentlyBlunt
16) @JWCowboy
17) @tjsgarden - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
18) @La Malice - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E., SOTMC
19) @V12Stu
20) @Beto Salatini
21) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
22) @FL shaver
23) @ChriWilson - SOTMC
24) @den fly
25) Trollky - out (6/5: Scuttle & Soap*)
26) @sandorfi - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E., SOTMC
27) @Doti B
28) @TOVT
29) @Jack Goossen
30) @elmo_koffman - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
31) @Abz88
32) @Eshebert
33) @Ribitski23
34) @Jayson74
35) @Contact_vs_Feedback - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.

*If ever I open a shave shop, this might be the name...

Top Bottom