What's new

June 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I'm in 🙏🏽

1) FoolishMortal
2) Chef455 G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
3) mr_eleven
4) Multum in parvo
5) Roedeer
6) Wgg2017
7) LJBraaten G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
8) The Blackadder
9) JAHE G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
10) silverlifter
11) hopper_64
12) Guido75
13) Iver
14) Balin G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
15) PersistentlyBlunt
16) JWCowboy
17) Tjsgarden G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
18) La Malice G.R.U.Y.E.R.E., SOTMC
19) V12Stu
20) Beto Salatini
21) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
22) FL shaver
23) Chriwilson - SOTMC
24) Den Fly
25) Trollky
26) Sandorfi - G.R.U.Y.E.R.E., SOTMC
27) Doti B
28) TOVT
29) Jack Goossen

Still in 🙏🏽

One of the advantages of being a long hauler after Covid is that it drains so much energy, you can't be bothered with the effort it takes to scan the Internet for shaving goodies. May was the easiest GRUME so far 😆
This condition is as much a fysical as a mental challenge. I had a relapse I did not expect. My sister's shrink wanted me to join a session to discuss the troublesome youth we suffered. I usualy am quite able to digest those memories, but this time it consumed about all my energy, leaving me drained and exhausted. Took me four days to recover.

Anyway: I feel rather well now, and had a relaxed shave with the FOCS, loaded with a Nacet. I would have guessed this combination would scythe five days of stubble, but after a nice WTG, ATG felt like shaving with an extremely mild kit. Maybe the blade was a dud. On the other hand, these days I shave one, maybe two times a week and use my war equipment like the Le Coq Cagehead to attack longer stubble. The FOCS might be an excellent razor, but not among the best and most efficient among my razors. I was disappointed, but maybe I have too high expectations of this Fatip.
The shave was only enjoyable thanks to the brilliant Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush and the best scenting cream out there. This being the Ach Brito Mugno, a gift from our friend @Guido75

B666D538-E7CC-43B6-91E9-60F3417329C1.jpeg

Still in 🙏🏽

One of the advantages of being a long hauler after Covid is that it drains so much energy, you can't be bothered with the effort it takes to scan the Internet for shaving goodies. May was the easiest GRUME so far 😆
This condition is as much a fysical as a mental challenge. I had a relapse I did not expect. My sister's shrink wanted me to join a session to discuss the troublesome youth we suffered. I usualy am quite able to digest those memories, but this time it consumed about all my energy, leaving me drained and exhausted. Took me four days to recover.

Anyway: I feel rather well now, and had a relaxed shave with the FOCS, loaded with a Nacet. I would have guessed this combination would scythe five days of stubble, but after a nice WTG, ATG felt like shaving with an extremely mild kit. Maybe the blade was a dud. On the other hand, these days I shave one, maybe two times a week and use my war equipment like the Le Coq Cagehead to attack longer stubble. The FOCS might be an excellent razor, but not among the best and most efficient among my razors. I was disappointed, but maybe I have too high expectations of this Fatip.
The shave was only enjoyable thanks to the brilliant Yaqi Sagrada Familia brush and the best scenting cream out there. This being the Ach Brito Mugno, a gift from our friend @Guido75

View attachment 1663785
Sorry to hear about the relapse, glad you had a good shave. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

I'm in!

1) FoolishMortal
3) mr_eleven
4) Multum in parvo
5) Roedeer
6) Wgg2017
8) The Blackadder
9) JAHE G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
10) silverlifter
11) hopper_64
12) Guido75
13) Iver
14) Balin G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
15) PersistentlyBlunt
16) JWCowboy
19) V12Stu
20) Beto Salatini
21) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
22) FL shaver
23) Chriwilson - SOTMC
24) Den Fly
25) Trollky
27) Doti B
28) TOVT
29) Jack Goossen
30) elmo_koffman G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.

I'm in!

1) FoolishMortal
3) mr_eleven
4) Multum in parvo
5) Roedeer
6) Wgg2017
8) The Blackadder
9) JAHE G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
10) silverlifter
11) hopper_64
12) Guido75
13) Iver
14) Balin G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
15) PersistentlyBlunt
16) JWCowboy
19) V12Stu
20) Beto Salatini
21) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
22) FL shaver
23) Chriwilson - SOTMC
24) Den Fly
25) Trollky
27) Doti B
28) TOVT
29) Jack Goossen
31) Abz88

I'm in!

1) FoolishMortal
3) mr_eleven
4) Multum in parvo
5) Roedeer
6) Wgg2017
8) The Blackadder
9) JAHE G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
10) silverlifter
11) hopper_64
12) Guido75
13) Iver
14) Balin G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.
15) PersistentlyBlunt
16) JWCowboy
19) V12Stu
20) Beto Salatini
21) cryhavoc - GRUYERE
22) FL shaver
23) Chriwilson - SOTMC
24) Den Fly
25) Trollky
27) Doti B
28) TOVT
29) Jack Goossen
31) Abz88
32) ESHEBERT

Still in, finishing up trying out a Sainsbury's own brand Dorco blade today.

If the payment is for honing so you can use your SR, you're fine. Otherwise...
No it’s not. I had planned to settle an account for a razor yesterday evening, but PayPal was not cooperating with me and I was unable to reach the seller within the correct time frame so I had to wire the funds via bank this morning.

So I think June GRUME is then short lived. Maybe I should vacate spot 12 rather than go out on day 1!

I spent all of May using my British Gillette FB NEW w/ the Importé d'Angleterre stamp and got to know this little beauty very well. Today, I switched back to my British Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid - the razor I was using for the past 8 years.

Call this a Razor War! if you wish but what happens in June will likely shape my shaves for the next 8 years or more. Today the Hybrid, tomorrow the FB NEW, and so on and so on until Friday, June 30, 2023. And in case you're wondering I only use Haslinger Sheep's Milk soap and Wizamet Super Iridium blades.

btw - the Hybrid did not disappoint - it gave me the crazy fun close shave that I've come to expect from it.

IMG_2103.jpg

:sailor:

No it’s not. I had planned to settle an account for a razor yesterday evening, but PayPal was not cooperating with me and I was unable to reach the seller within the correct time frame so I had to wire the funds via bank this morning.

So I think June GRUME is then short lived. Maybe I should vacate spot 12 rather than go out on day 1!
If you made a good-faith effort to get this done in May and the failure was out of your hands, I would give you a pass. It's up to you if you want to take it; just say "in" or "out" and we'll go from there. :)

If you made a good-faith effort to get this done in May and the failure was out of your hands, I would give you a pass. It's up to you if you want to take it; just say "in" or "out" and we'll go from there. :)
I had every intention of completing this end of May yes if that’s what you mean. Even stated my reason: failed May so if I settle in May, I can stay in the other GRUMEs. I kid you not.

But technically it is a compliance failure. :rolleyes1 Even with your gracious offer. And I asked right. I could have settled the score later in the year as well. Razor was specially reserved for me.

Ok gents, I think I have improved my personal best by a couple of hours at least. I will obviously do a 30/30 - but I would say to switch Eshebert and me and consider me not in for June.

Still in, managed to not fell off the wagon on day 1 yeahhh me .

1 days of growth

June GRUME : 1
2023 GRUYERE : 85

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Zaza (3)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Godrej Cinthol
Brush : Semogue 1305
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Mennen Skin Bracer

1st shave of the month, last shave of the week, new soap / cream. Nice clean cool feeling, the result are just similar as in the previous days, nothing to complain about. See you all next Sunday, 3 days to figure out what I will shave with. I think the Proraso Professional Boar brush will make a come back, over than that blade and razor are still up in the air.
IMG-1079.jpg

I'll try this out.
I'm in!
1) FoolishMortal
3) mr_eleven
4) Multum in parvo
5) Roedeer
6) Wgg2017
8) The Blackadder
9) JAHE G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.