What's new

June 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Second shave today - Still in

Gillette New FB
Schick Platinium (9)
Hans Baier Silvertip
Godrej Shaving Round
Stirling Deep Blue Sea

View attachment 1667057

Cheers :)
Pardon my curiosity but I think we have the same razors - Made in England Gillette FB NEWs? Your razor looks identical to mine - including the handle which isn't very common. Does yours have the Importé d'Angleterre stamp on the baseplate like mine does? I've only found very limited info on this razor from the mr - razor website - do you know if it was part of a set or no? I find mine to be an exceptionally smooth and efficient razor needing only a very light touch. Thanks so much.

:sailor:

12D85A9F-5EE7-4F3F-80E0-587FCB93787A.jpeg

I am out.

As of lunchtime today, there is a long handle, brass, Blackbird on the way to me.
Thank you for the camaraderie and support from this thread.

This was my shave today prior to the 15% off purchase.
Liking the Clubman Citrus Musk much, much better than the Lilac Vegetal!

The Personna 100 pack blade via Amazon seemed to have worked the same as the 'for hospital use.'

The Derby soap was once again effective and enjoyable.

Cheers and good shaving to you Gentlemen.

- Still In -
No Shave Today

I am out.

As of lunchtime today, there is a long handle, brass, Blackbird on the way to me.
Thank you for the camaraderie and support from this thread.

This was my shave today prior to the 15% off purchase.
Liking the Clubman Citrus Musk much, much better than the Lilac Vegetal!

The Personna 100 pack blade via Amazon seemed to have worked the same as the 'for hospital use.'

The Derby soap was once again effective and enjoyable.

Cheers and good shaving to you Gentlemen.
I must profess that I too have fallen short this month :eek2:

While shopping for a travel hair brush from Kent, 4 pucks of their now NOS SB2 Shave Soap (MWF) somehow appeared in my cart for less than the price of 2 available here in The States. I begrudgingly proceeded with checkout (and 10% off) given the whole MWF Tallow-Free reformulation debacle :a35:

On the bright side, I can now procure a puck of MWFs New Formulation to use in next month's SOTM
Strictly for Academic purposes
:straight:

Last edited:
Still in, 1 day of growth

June GRUME : 4
2023 GRUYERE : 88

Razor : Baili BR179
Blade : Gillette Platinum (2)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Godrej Cinthol
Brush : Proraso Professional Boar Brush
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Proraso White AS Balm, Sterling Margaritas in the Artic splash.

Copy cat from yesterday not much fun.

I will have to go back in my notes and see what I though of this combo a few month back

Pardon my curiosity but I think we have the same razors - Made in England Gillette FB NEWs? Your razor looks identical to mine - including the handle which isn't very common. Does yours have the Importé d'Angleterre stamp on the baseplate like mine does? I've only found very limited info on this razor from the mr - razor website - do you know if it was part of a set or no? I find mine to be an exceptionally smooth and efficient razor needing only a very light touch. Thanks so much.

:sailor:
Hi.

My razor only have "Gillette" and "Made in England" stamps on the baseplate.
It came in a case but I have no idea if it's original, or someone put it together later.

DSC_5341 (3).JPG

DSC_5341 (4).jpg

DSC_5342 (2).JPG

DSC_5343 (2).JPG

Jocke

Still in, a bit lazy checking in (after all, I'm retired:sleep12:)
shave 2 and 3 with the Gillette Platinum were'nt that great.
This moring used a Personna Lab blue and this resulted in one of my best shaves ever.

Gillette new rfb
Gillette Platinum (2&3)
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Anbbas synth brush
Extro Cosmesi 17 Stormo (SOTM)
Nivea sensitive ASB
Brut Musk EdT

Still in:
Gillette Red Tip SS
Rapira Super Stainless (1)
EJ Limes & Pomegranate soap
Simpsons T3
Periera bowl
Geo. F Trumper West Indian Limes Skin Food

I like to wait about an hour or so after the shave to assess it and today's was DFS. The Skin Food feels great. Really like the way it makes the skin feel even well after the shave.

Still in, a bit lazy checking in (after all, I'm retired:sleep12:)
shave 2 and 3 with the Gillette Platinum were'nt that great.
This moring used a Personna Lab blue and this resulted in one of my best shaves ever.

Gillette new rfb
Gillette Platinum (2&3)
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Anbbas synth brush
Extro Cosmesi 17 Stormo (SOTM)
Nivea sensitive ASB
Brut Musk EdT
Don't think I've ever had a bad shave with any of the Personna blades. Well, maybe once or twice D/T user error.😊
Hi.

My razor only have "Gillette" and "Made in England" stamps on the baseplate.
It came in a case but I have no idea if it's original, or someone put it together later.

View attachment 1667189

View attachment 1667192

View attachment 1667196

View attachment 1667198

Jocke
Whether or not the case is original it sure is a looker and goes really well with that nice razor.

Day 7, 23.3% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Leaf Twig, half Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Hyaluron

A less careful repeat of yesterday's shave, getting an acceptable DFS.

While shopping for a travel hair brush from Kent, 4 pucks of their now NOS SB2 Shave Soap (MWF) somehow appeared in my cart

Good move. If I didn't already have spares, I'd have done the same.

On other news, I was looking at soaps and realized that MWF soap is not named after three days of the week

Well spotted, there's a pattern to use there.:D Is there a soap called TTH or TT to use on the Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Last edited:
Top Bottom