What's new

June 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I think Doug would all knock us out of GRUME if he offered such a wonderful handle to this group! I personally prefer slightly heavier handles although that’s based on zero comparison to light handles, because I don’t have any…

Design and look-wise I would be out the moment this would be up for sale. Plain and simple. Wonderful build Doug! @Rosseforp and enjoy your new handle Hannes @Multum in parvo!

Looking forward to the first posts in this thread or elsewhere on the forum.

Best,

Guido

Still in! Travel day- decided to skip my morning shave so I don’t get home to a musty badger brush (again). I’m royally surprised I survived the antique shops as there are usually some pretty good finds in this neck of the woods. Hopefully it’s a sign that the hobby is growing :)

6 22 22.jpg

Home sweet home- glad I saved my shave for my own bathroom.

Got a few more days to relax so spent some time with this razor and my stones this afternoon. Nothing like a fresh edge on 3 days growth.

We won't be counting yesterday's electric encounter which was SAS - maybe CCS (for maybe an hour)...
I had an early appointment in office so I had to be on the road quite early.
Making sure I charged the Norelco the night before, I packed that with me along with my trusty Harry's Aloe Balm.

Quick pass at the sideburns with a wet Bic Metal and I was on my way for an autopilot shave once I hit the interstate.

All in all it wasn't shabby, I just found myself reaching for the electric at frequent attempts to touch up. Periodically throughout the day I found myself in disbelief at my face feel; of course really only noticeable to me - but this shave was nowhere near what I have been accustomed to.

SOTD #21
Back to BBS

This morning started earlier than normal, so I was able to capitalize on the peace of a house still asleep...
Today's was a very comfortable and efficient shave with a Light Blue Gillette Platinum. I love hearing the razor doing its work - beautiful result

• No Pre-Shave
  • Floris No. 89 (SOTM)
  • Adam Grooming's Pure Badger
  • Mühle R89
  • Gillette Platinum - (1)
  • Thayer's Astringent
  • Pinaud's Whiskey Woods
  • No Post-Shave balm

Good luck with the move!
Thank you sir - It's very much a work in progress...

Last edited:
Wednesday 22nd June, shave #173
Day 22, 73.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

A good comfortable BBS this time. Got the MWF down to 64g net weight.

The diameter in combination with the lack of weight was the kicker for me. I have one of those fat WCS handles but it is like a boat anchor.

I find heavy handles cumbersome to use S - N, ATG, and of course that's where I'm more likely to get user error.

The GC head plus Windrose aluminium handle is 55g all up.

Do post a test drive for us, when you get your @Rosseforp handle.

Plugging along, this is the longest I have gone without buying shaving gear this year!
Trying to stretch my soap reserves by using a friend’s “gifts” (discards) from over a year ago.

Today’s Shave:

Preshave: Hotwater wash with moisturizer bar.
Soap: Bannister’s and Mann Adagio.
Brush: Ever Ready 200, Two tiered Badger knot.
Razor: Early PostWar Tech, skinny ball end handle.
Blade: Feather High Stainless (35).
Rating: CCS+.

I think the soap will work. The smell is a little pungent, and it has a menthol “burn” to it. Much better than the other B&M gifted soap, Night Music. I don’t think I can shave with it unless I can modify the very strong supposedly Vanilla smell. There’s nothing I can do about the brown color. It was a very good room deodorizer last summer, it was the only thing that took away the smoke damage smell in a wing of our house after the Dixie Fire swept through our property.

Attachments

• B72D9D30-7EBA-4DE9-8043-E6493F8EE223.jpeg
    B72D9D30-7EBA-4DE9-8043-E6493F8EE223.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

• 23/30 days in GRUME June (76.67% completed and still in!!)
  • 22/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 173/174 days of 365 days of shaving (99.4%)
  • Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Open Comb
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:Omega Super Badger 632
Cream:Ach Brito Lavanda
Bowl:Proraso Green
Passes:
WXTG (2) / ATG (2)
Slanted on the neck
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:9.0/10 DFS

Notes to today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11817687

Have a Great day everyone

Top Bottom