What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (23)
  • WSP Formula T Tobacco
  • Fuller Brush of Mystery
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
Some notes for today:
  1. The Stirling after-shave balm (ASB) that I've been using is Spice, not Bay Rum :blushing:
  2. I'm almost out of this ASB :001_unsur
  3. I looked, and I don't have a back-up ASB :confused1
  4. That means I'm about to finish 3017ing my entire stash of ASB! :ohmy:
  5. It's not as exciting as getting through a soap, but it's something :001_rolle
  6. I need to order more ASB :biggrin1:
Onward!

Last edited:
Still in!
proxy.php

Morris & Forndran L7
DE La Petite Prairie soap and AS
Rex Ambassador

Have a great day!

Still in,

Prep : hot shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso white in a tube
Razor : King C Gilette
Blade : Voshkod (2)
Post : alum block and then Proraso Green pre shave and Proraso White after shave balm

Result :

2 pass + clean up. minimal irritation. feels like being an autopilot at this point.

Day 18, 60% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.84 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

Five in a row, and I'm still liking this for daily use.

Oh thats an aluminum handle? It looks really nice! Where did you get it? I did a quick google and I saw some on etsy and ebay? But i think they were stainless.

Hope I'm not promoting a new AD here. Having got my grail handle, I believe I'm finished with this one after only 4 iterations.

When I got mine on UK ebay, that RA3 handle was available in all three metals. I've also got the titanium one, and it has darker good looks than the Al, but weighs 39g (16g more).

Still in.

I haven't shaved in two weeks and all the irritation part is over, skin is happy now.

This outbreak has given me some insight about what my combination skin DOESN'T prefers as after shave:

No alcohol based product (throughout the year), no Nivea balm in Summer

I'll have to see what are the options for me with the available items at home.

Still in.

I haven't shaved in two weeks and all the irritation part is over, skin is happy now.

This outbreak has given me some insight about what my combination skin DOESN'T prefers as after shave:

No alcohol based product (throughout the year), no Nivea balm in Summer

I'll have to see what are the options for me with the available items at home.
I sympathise! I have olive skin (one of my parents is anglo-indan) and for most of my adult life only used very simple skincare products. Thayers Witch Hazel is great/life safer for me, I use the alcoholic version. The other thing that really helped me is eliminate most animal products from diet, and I only veg based soaps as well.

I sympathise! I have olive skin (one of my parents is anglo-indan) and for most of my adult life only used very simple skincare products. Thayers Witch Hazel is great/life safer for me, I use the alcoholic version. The other thing that really helped me is eliminate most animal products from diet, and I only veg based soaps as well.
I too haven't cared much about the skin pamper till now, it is only after I started shaving I felt the need to take some care of it.

I'm vegetarian and have really tried to reduce the oils in food (it is really difficult with North Indian cuisine).

As for tallow in soaps, I have 95% tallow based soaps :em2100:

I'll look for trades, but majority are good soaps (Tabac, Mitchell's).

It's the aftershave care that needs to be understood .

I always had trouble with skin irritation after shaving.
I chalked it to my inexperience and no techniques, it was mostly true but a major part of the problem was my sensitive skin as well.

There is a reason why some wet shavers change their routine with seasons, I will have to learn to adjust with the changing variables as well.

My family is looking at me suspiciously for not shaving for such extended period.

They are half convinced that I burned money on so many shaving products and I'm going back to keeping beard.

They are wrong🤪

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in.

Stirling has such a big selection of soaps, I'm sorta going around and trying something from a wide range of soap makers, but I might? will? have to double back and try a few more stirling scents in the future.

No shave today, will shave tomorrow as a Father's Day shave.

One thing I'm looking at is a Henson razor. It sounds great and I do very like aluminum. But I'm not itching me, I can/will totally wait until the end of the month. And it gives me time to figure out mild/medium. I was -sure- I wanted the medium... but now I'm not so confident. *shrug*

To quote Kyle Dubas: "We can, and we will."

Still in and achieving goals!
PXL_20210619_161718153-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers & Sons, Celebrated India Steel
XPEC Original (Not pictured because it's 3017)
Maggard's Black and White
Hazlett's Apothecary, 1888

The XPEC is gone. Second soap in two months to be no more! Hail GRUME!

The Rodgers made its first appearance since The FFFMM. I found it a little "toothy" and may have to take it back to the Les Lateneuses if it doesn't smooth out with some extra stropping tomorrow.

Now ... To finish off the nub of Arko...

Top Bottom