What's new

June 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

still in.
I had my other restraint-breaking purchase from May arrive today from Turkey, the Rocnel Sailor 2021 adjustable DE razor.

I'm hoping the one-two punch of the Rocel today and Wolfman last week has laid the knock out blow to my RAD, and blackened my wandering eye that previously lead to over-acquisition of vintage items.

proxy.php

Still in should be a breeze to finish now that the 25% off thayers product is gone at the local grocery store.

is $2.5 worth the bruised ego ?

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso green
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Nivea blue tube
Razor : King C Gilette
Blade : Voshkod (1)
Post : alum block ,Nivea AS balm cooling effect , Gold bond powder

3 pass shave. nothing special, some irritation post shave, no nick or cut visible.

Still out

My Cubebe balm arrived today. A small indulgence after ‘birthday hints’ wiped me out of the GRUME earlier in the month. This completes my recent journey down the ‘matching balm’ rabbit hole.

On first impressions it’s very nice stuff as I’ve come to expect from Saponificio Varesino. I do think that someone at SV should have a word with the packaging department though. The flimsy tins kind of let the side down. A nice glass or simple plastic container would be a big improvement. I absolutely love the scent on this one.

CD1D7F70-9AEF-419F-B94C-DA73D1599EAD.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
A786A4AD-D359-45FA-BF82-8B0A6C6B5D70.jpeg

Still in,

switched over to the Colonial alum I've been waiting to try out and I really like this razor! I swapped out the handle for a timless titanium... I wish the handle was as light as aluminum (I'm an aluminum junkie) but this one has really good grip and its ok weight wise once you get going.

Still in, second shave with the Satinex in the Rocca and similar to last week with the Israeli Red there's a bit of post shave irritation and using a shallower angle is causing me to miss some spots. Starting to wonder if a neutral angle with a less sharp blade is the way to go with the Rocca so will likely switch the Satinex into a milder razor and try out the Muhle blade that came with the Rocca.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Extro Cosmesi Bay Rum (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- Hylamide SubQ Skin Serum
- Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools