Not open for further replies.
New handles on new razors.

IMG_0410.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Yesterday I received a package with 2 soaps ordered from Top of the Chain. One was a PAA exclusive - Albion of the North, and the other was The Explorer from Zingari Man. I could not resist the unique PAA soap, and never tried a product from Zingari. I had to see what all the buzz was about. I did the family sniff test and all 4 liked them both, but it was split down the middle for their favorite, so it would appear that I chose a couple of winners, especially since I like the scent off the puck for both. The PAA soap seemed to have a more complex scent that popped a bit when a little was rubbed on my wife's arm - the maple sweetness came out and was less hidden. Anyways, I'm excited to try them soon and I'm sure they will be enjoyed.
Steve

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7212.jpg

What do you think of the Pineapple Banana soap? Thinking of grabbing some.

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to next month. It's not a hard soap, it feels as soft as Stirling soap. The pineapple scent is very prominent (it smells like a pineapple bubble gum to me) with a little banana. I imagine it'll produce a good lather, it's hard to go wrong with artisan soaps.

A couple fine additions this week! A 1959 Fatboy with a fresh bright nickel replate from Chris at Back Roads Gold, and a 1967 (birth year for me) Slim in super clean original condition. I bought the Slim figuring I'd send it to be replated but damn, it looks pretty great as-is. Will give it a gentle polish / clean-up and see how she shaves. I have used the Fatboy a couple times so far and it's all that the B&B crew promised it would be. Good stuff!

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

Yesterday I had to take my car to Toledo for repair - one down side to owning a Tesla in Michigan, but while I was out I received a package from WCS that took advantage of their Father's Day free shipping. I picked up the matching aftershave balm to my Zingari Man Explorer soap. I will break it in tomorrow and it is the first time I will have used Zingari Man products. It was a great day in Toledo as well. I took my wife and daughter to the art museum then Tony Packo's for their famous hot dogs as those familiar with Mash, may know. Car was fixed for free and everyone enjoyed. I then took my daughter to see all the taxidermy and fish in Cabela's. Just a simple yet fantastic time together.
Steve

IMG_7293.jpg
IMG_7295.jpg

Yesterday I had to take my car to Toledo for repair - one down side to owning a Tesla in Michigan, but while I was out I received a package from WCS that took advantage of their Father's Day free shipping. I picked up the matching aftershave balm to my Zingari Man Explorer soap. I will break it in tomorrow and it is the first time I will have used Zingari Man products. It was a great day in Toledo as well. I took my wife and daughter to the art museum then Tony Packo's for their famous hot dogs as those familiar with Mash, may know. Car was fixed for free and everyone enjoyed. I then took my daughter to see all the taxidermy and fish in Cabela's. Just a simple yet fantastic time together.
Steve

View attachment 1118340View attachment 1118341
Awesome! I just got the same balm and it's been great so far. It moisturizes my skin for the whole day and the frosted glass bottle is impressive. Great product by Zingari.

Any reviews coming or can you provide details of the build?
I will have a chance to use them next week Both knots are 26MM Manchurian White Fan. The brush on the left is French Boxwood/Resin with a brass ring on the bottom of the handle, the brush on the right is English Yew wood.
Both have a great feel in hand and seem to have a nice combo of backbone and soft feel.

I will have a chance to use them next week Both knots are 26MM Manchurian White Fan. The brush on the left is French Boxwood/Resin with a brass ring on the bottom of the handle, the brush on the right is English Yew wood.
Both have a great feel in hand and seem to have a nice combo of backbone and soft feel.
The Elite Manchurian White Fan is one of my favorite knots. I think you will love the combination of backbone, scrub and softness. Really stellar. Congrats on two beautiful brushes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom