What's new

JUNE 2020 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the season, no matter the weather the hunt should continue....

Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

One more shaving brush.
proxy.php

I'm giving one of my Super Speeds to my nephew so I've been on the lookout for a new one.

I found 1953 World Series SS on Ebay for little money. Still had the "World Series" wrapper and no book was all I knew.

I found a book online for $2.

All arrived today and I'm quite pleased! 1953 as advertised. A surprise was a sealed 6 blade sample of Blue's, a cardboard cutout saying so and original instruction insert!

Not worth much perhaps but I'm pleased with a near new piece of history!
20200602_020836.jpg
20200602_020741.jpg
20200602_021007.jpg
20200602_020928.jpg
20200602_020915.jpg
20200602_020854.jpg

Picked up a few cheap additions to the den today at Meijer. A glass salsa bowl with little bumps on the inside for a $1.29 and a water spray bottle for wetting the face. I will use the bowl for lathering and soaking boar brushes. For $1.29, I figured I could not go wrong and it looked nice. We'll see.
Steve

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7201.jpg

The brush arrived yesterday and the soaps today! I am really stoked! I've never tried a Rudy Vey brush or a cream for lathering. I was one of the winners in the "April/May 2020 NEW MEMBER GIVEAWAY!" linked below, and won these.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Aluminum British tech and some Phoenix Artisan Bourbon Chocolate shave soap. The tech was $10. From a shave shop that has been in the Denver metro since 1972 I wasn't even aware of until yesterday. I thought we had nothin'. What a pleasant surprise.
20200609_160821.jpg

Also an E3 Fat Boy for another ten spot.

20200609_164924.jpg

Not a fan, so that's on the Bay. ( Can't fault me for turning a profit. 😁)

Several other scores, but I'll share them as I use them. Enjoy the hunt!

Well! Kind of a banner mail call day today. Nothing new for many of you but all new stuff for me. Been wanting to try the Stirling soaps and grabbed a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor while I had my Maggards cart humming.

My first Simpson Super Badger brush and a little extra from a fellow B&B'er. All in, these will make for a fun next few weeks of shaves!

IMG_3444.jpg

Sunday I was out and about and found one of those new King C. Gillette DE razors. I'm sucker for shiny new things and had to add it to the collection. I'm sure it will be a good shaver and looks nicely finished. I was a bit disappointed in the packaging being a bit torn, but it isn't the end of the world. I think it is great Gillette is selling fair priced DE's in a regular store and hope it leads to new wet shavers discovering the enjoyment of wet shaving. Maybe someday we will see a new real Gillette razor, but I will not hold my breath. This will have to do for now. Anyways the initial impression of the quality of the razor is favorable. I will need to break it in soon. I do not expect any surprises, but I do expect a great shave and that is the point.
Steve

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

Got a 10x4 C/EF Duosharp, a very old but barely used 6k Suehiro, some misc little stuff and a couple soft arks for $44 shipped B/O.

Softs are soaking in Simple Green. May give the 6k a try later today and see how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom