What's new

June 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

And I’m out.... I almost feel ashamed.

I just negotiated a Blackland vector down to about half price with good supply of blades. I’m not going to lie, I’m interested for occasional use in my own rotation, but my primary drive was for my wife’s use. The wider blade and efficiency will make her happier, I think.

Either way, I’m out. Nearly a victory though. I have to admit I have enjoyed the process this month. I very well may try again in July. Best of luck and well wishes to the finishers.
Sorry to see you go, but it sounds like it was for a good reason (and price). Feel free to play along at home and post pics for the last few days.

And when a brother falls, it's time for:

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @pbrmhl
3) Rustyshackelford - out (6/26: Vector and blades)
4) Timeclo - out (6/5: CG Maze handle)
5) @Roedeer
6) @StratMan
7) @Schnitzel52
8) @Flintstone65
9) chillybase - out (6/10: blades)
10) @Sotiris_A
11) @RTM
12) @cryhavoc
13) @k2clones29
13) @Stuart Ganis
14) @Ejones0310
15) @Tomo
16) Chef455 - out (6/9: soaps and razors)

SOTD
  • Schone
  • Nacet (22)
  • Vintage Yardley
  • Rubberset 203 re-knotted 28mm boar
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
The wooden bowl for my Yardley was looking quite parched, so I give it a bit of treatment with mineral oil. Since it was out, and I haven't used it for quite some time, I decided to give it a go.

There's really no scent left at this point (though I might get to some further down the puck), but the load was really easy and the lather was on par with several of my favorites. I have no idea how old the puck is, but quality is quality!

I'll keep going for a while to see what I get through and if I can find some scent. When the puck is gone - someday - the bowl should be a perfect home for MWF. :)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Still in....and still running behind in posting my shaves....this one was from yesterday (Saturday). I didn't have much to shave, but I wanted to shave yesterday and skip today so I would be ready for Micromatic Monday -- it's a complicated life I lead :001_smile. So I used something mild, RR GC .68 with a Nacet (5) along with Meissner Tremonia Elemi lathered with a Yaqi rainbow handle with a faux horse. Perfect shave for my facial conditions!
proxy.php

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Still in. SOTD was a nice 3-pass (plus some touch-up) DFS+ with an Ever-Ready Lather Catcher (1911'ish) using a GEM SS PTFE blade on it's 4th shave. RazoRock Acqua was lathered with the Yaqi rainbow handled faux horse knot (not pictured here, but pictured in my last shave above).
proxy.php
proxy.php

Still out but excited to join on July. Down below is my JUN haul and I might've half-treewhaled it...

Heritage Hill Continental Chill.jpeg
Zingari Explorer set.jpg
Zingari Mail Call - balms, splash, potion.jpg

IMG_20200626_114418_1_2.jpg
Gillette NEW LC with Maze handle.jpg
Gillette NEW LC and SC.jpg

Mail Call - Unscented lot 20200608.jpg
With couple more synthetic knots on their way... Some were gifted, some were traded, but most of them were bought.

Well here it is. The razor that knocked me out. Since I’ve been out, I ordered a couple full sized Pinaud aftershaves, and a soap from A&E. I would like to to join the July GRUME, but I know I am making a decent restocking purchase early next week so I would not be in it for long. Hopefully August will be my month.
F24D52A2-78F3-4F78-B6E2-9F263D6A13E5.jpeg

This is our last day of June GRUME. Sincere congratulations to the gents who made it through, especially if you've been able to string together multiple months!

And so, it's time for one final June:

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @pbrmhl
3) @Rustyshackelford - out (6/26: Vector and blades)
4) @Timeclo - out (6/5: CG Maze handle)
5) @Roedeer
6) @StratMan
7) @Schnitzel52
8) @Flintstone65
9) @chillybase - out (6/10: blades)
10) @Sotiris_A
11) @RTM
12) @cryhavoc
13) @k2clones29
13) @Stuart Ganis
14) @Ejones0310
15) @Tomo
16) @Chef455 - out (6/9: soaps and razors)

I hope to see you all in July!

Top Bottom