What's new

June 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

I’m in.

1) FoolishMortal
2) pbrmhl
3) rustyshackelford
4) Timeclo
5) Roedeer
6) Stratman
7) Schnitzel52
8) Flintstone65
9) chillybase
10) Sotiris_A
11) RTM
12) cryhavoc
13) k2clones29
13) Stuart Ganis
14) ejones0310

Power failure during Sunday, so everything got delayed. I didn't get round to my 31st May shave until well after midnight, so I suppose it was a June shave.

Happy June GRUME, everyone.

Rockwell 6S, R4, and...

a "New Personna" blade (= made in Germany; the "Old Personna" ones were from Israel) on its 3rd shave.

I was fully prepared to do the "they don't make them like they used to" rant, but after trying several, they work fine for me.

First shave for June will be tomorrow. Thankfully my restraint will be much easier since my late April order of manchurian brushes as well as some MDC tubs and an SV soap is finally arriving today.
Good luck gents!

I have an ATT SE1 head arriving today that I picked up on the BST a week or so ago.

Tomorrow will be my first June shave.

I might keep a fixed setup or I might rotate the soaps I have.

My first June shave will be this afternoon. I have nothing on order, but June may be tough due to any potential Father's Day gift (see past posts). My first shave will be a SS, PolSilver, Simpsons Colonel brush, and I haven't decided on the soap yet. It's 3 day growth instead of 2 days, so I anticipate a nice shave.

First shave of June

Gillette '48-'49 NDC Super Speed
Wilkinson Sword (8)
Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Omega 10065 Boar
The Veg

SOTD
  • Schoccolo v2*
  • Nacet (2)
  • Formula T Tobacco
  • Rubberset 203 re-knotted 28mm boar
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
Great lather again, but a couple of small nicks. I think v1 was better in this regard, though, in fairness, it does seem to happen occasionally when I have more than 24 hours' growth and a fresh blade. Still, a fairly smooth and efficient shave. I'll keep at it to see if I can improve the experience.

*Schone top cap, Piccolo base plate, Piccolo handle

In May I have made good progress mastering Karve SS OC-C. In June I am going for SB-E. Also, I'm going to use bits and pieces and leftovers of soaps and creams that were, until now, laying around doing nothing. I think it'll be better if I'll put them all to work the way their makers intended.I

In May I have made good progress mastering Karve SS OC-C. In June I am going for SB-E. Also, I'm going to use bits and pieces and leftovers of soaps and creams that were, until now, laying around doing nothing. I think it'll be better if I'll put them all to work the way their makers intended.I
Frankensoaps can be awesome!

Starting off June with a great shave! SOTD - 01 JUN 2020

SOTD 06012020.jpg

Great shave but didn't enjoy the brush. The Yaqi HMW silvertip felt more like best badger.. prickly and scritchy.

Not much temptation but I do want to try some samples of older brands. That can wait til end of the month though.

My first June shave will be this afternoon. I have nothing on order, but June may be tough due to any potential Father's Day gift (see past posts). My first shave will be a SS, PolSilver, Simpsons Colonel brush, and I haven't decided on the soap yet. It's 3 day growth instead of 2 days, so I anticipate a nice shave.

Went with GFT Eucris. A DFS, nice way to start out June.

First shave for June will be tomorrow. Thankfully my restraint will be much easier since my late April order of manchurian brushes as well as some MDC tubs and an SV soap is finally arriving today.
Good luck gents!

You're going to love that MdC...

I used XPEC Original today for the first time in about a year. Amazing shaving cream (though it's firm like a soap). I'm not going to go that long without using XPEC again. It made my ATT S2 slant razor a true joy to use.

You're going to love that MdC...

I used XPEC Original today for the first time in about a year. Amazing shaving cream (though it's firm like a soap). I'm not going to go that long without using XPEC again. It made my ATT S2 slant razor a true joy to use.
Got the AGRUMES and FOUGÈRE to use. Jumped in the deep end with these.

Got the AGRUMES and FOUGÈRE to use. Jumped in the deep end with these.

I started with a tub of Fougere. Within months I also had tubs of Rose, Original, Agrumes and Vetyver. I love the scents of all of them, and they make my favorite lather, quite easily. And they last forever.

This month will be:

Razor: ATT SE1 SS or Aluminum (for comparison)
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Synth

Soap and Aftershave Combo Options:
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum - Soap Stick and AS
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Stick - Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS sample
Proraso Red - PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Proraso Red - Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS sample
Arko Stick - Pinaud Clubman
Razorock Plague Doctor - Pinaud Clubman
Captain's Choice Nor'Easter soap - Pacific Shave Co. Caffeinated AS Balm

I think I have enough to last a while. :)

This month will be:

Razor: ATT SE1 SS or Aluminum (for comparison)
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Yaqi 22mm Synth

Soap and Aftershave Combo Options:
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum - Soap Stick and AS
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Stick - Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS sample
Proraso Red - PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Proraso Red - Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS sample
Arko Stick - Pinaud Clubman
Razorock Plague Doctor - Pinaud Clubman
Captain's Choice Nor'Easter soap - Pacific Shave Co. Caffeinated AS Balm

I think I have enough to last a while. :)
You should just squeak by. And no, the mail delay doesn't count against - if you ordered in May, you ordered in May.

Top Bottom