What's new

June 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in... bit of a miss with today’s shave.

Had a shave this morning after a night of almost no sleep. Using my Gamechanger 68p with and feather blade, and lathering with DG massacre of the innocents milksteak, I managed to have a pretty poor shave. Not discomfort or weepers, but what feels like whole sections seemingly unshaven... going to wait until morning to give it another go.

Still in

Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
GSB (2)
Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butterscotch Beehive in Natural Horse
Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Still in.

Gamechanger 68 with feather blade
Cherry wood SOC 2band finest
Kaizen soap and splash

still quite impressed with this soap base. A little goes quite a long way. With a saturated badger knot I didn’t need to add any water to the tiny bit of soap I had scooped from the tub. I took the lather beyond the dense cushiony type so easily achieved with this lather and let it thin out our just slightly, and I retained excellent slickness and great protection. The scent attracted an audience, my wife and her dog. She commented how good the soap smelled and the dog is our official soap fragrance expert, he gets quite excited for certain scents and this one of them. He stood in the doorway drooling.

6BDB3A79-5767-4116-A871-6706313CD95F.jpeg

Still in.

This is the first month after 6 in a row that I get tempted by something shaving related. In the beginning of the month I decided to give Treet Dura Sharp, the ones in the yellow pack, a try. I am in my second one, 11 shaves so far and they are probably my favorite blade. I tried the Treet platinum earlier this year and I found them average.

I only have 8 left in my pack, so I have a couple of months to decide if I want to buy bulk. With almost 2k blades in my inventory, trading is my best option.

I've been out and I indulged a little too much during the break... I can't wait to get back in on July. I did sell some brushes to offset the cost though. I'll post my haul at the end of this month for lessen the enabling.

Still in.

MW Eucalyptus and Spearmint
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Merkur 37c
Tatra razor blade
CC Nor'easter AS
Dirty Bird Scuttle
Alum block

A good shave, but not great. I was looking for some relief from our heat wave, and the AS was welcomed. The soap is a great summer scent, but it is not mentholated. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Top Bottom