JUNE 2019 SCORES

Discussion in 'The Score' started by ronweston, Jun 2, 2019.

Just counting the days to Summer, hoping the heatwaves stay away (though we've had one already)....

The sun is bright, the days are pleasant, and the hours grow longer. Even though thundershowers break up the week, the hunt should continue, rain or shine. Visit the familiar places, seek out new ones, always searching for the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

1. For the 3rd year straight, I went to the Maggard Razor meet Saturday with my son and had a great time meeting folks and talking with vendors. Scored some nice samples and won a Fatip Piccolo in the raffle. I also bought my first straight razor - Ralf Aust and strop. It was a great time and highly recommend.
    IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4791.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg

2. Yesterday I received a couple of bottles of Declaration Grooming Mayflower Aftershave Splash. I loved the sample I received a couple of years ago and then they sold out before I could order so I picked up a extra bottle to match the soap I bought from Maggard!
    Steve
    IMG_4830.jpg

3. 735D6758-F019-474B-83DF-5286B9CA18D7.jpeg Scored a Burma Shave tin, with soap, mug, and brush. Oh yea, a Burma Shave T-shirt offer too. I ordered off eBay and thought would just use it, but the shaving mug has a cool glittery logo. Using it would ruin it, so guess will have to find another

4. Family got this as a gift for me.
    IMG_20190607_135625.jpg IMG_20190607_135632.jpg IMG_20190607_135720.jpg IMG_20190607_135735.jpg

5. A few acquisitions from the past week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. REV579

REV579 Contributor

One of my happier acquisitions. I haven't decided if I'll polish it up.
    IMG_7203.jpg IMG_7204.jpg IMG_7205.jpg IMG_7206.jpg IMG_7207.jpg

7. Hi all,

I visited a "Flea Market" today and discovered/was able to "Cherry pick" from about two dozen Razors offered for sale by a vendor. I purchased seven Razors in total. These three alone were worth the price of admission!

GILLETTE "NEW DELUXE"

upload_2019-6-7_20-50-52.png

GOLD STAR MODEL 100
    upload_2019-6-7_20-51-43.png

and last but not least :

GILLETTE ABC HANDLE POCKET EDITION (which came with case) :

upload_2019-6-7_20-53-13.png

SixCats!

8. SE-2 head. The handle is one I already had. DSCN2822.JPG

9. That silverplate shaving mug with mirror is awesome.

Razors and stones keep trickling in.

Another successful hone lot gamble got me yet another Frictionite 00, as well as a 7x2" Washita and a bunch of junky synths.

Also scored a Naniwa SS 10k for cheap when a website was closing it out. Might just pass the deal onto someone else without opening it though, as I don't think I've got much use for it with my SP 13k getting the rare use when I want a high grit synth.

A really nice "Old Rock" coticule. One of the pink flushed, freckled ones that probably is more similar to La Rose than boxed Old Rocks. Very hard and very fine. Excellent little coti.

A Pre-dubl duck Bresduck "Lifetime". Really well made faux marbled-granite scales instead of the reaper duck, but nice little razor. Little wear, and the original steel blueing is intact.

A bunch of other razors, mostly big rusty sheffields, but the most notable is a crown and sword that has handmade scales that looked like really poorly made wood from the pics... but are actually some incredibly well made ones from thick sheet brass, hand hammered and almost looking like leather as a result. Absolutely perfect fit for the razor. Was planning to rescale it... instead it may become a display razor just because the scales are so damn cool.

One of the ten Herder blanks I got from the razor "kits" that knife website sells was hardened and ground by PG Gibson, and arrived back last week. Hard as anything, but takes a great edge.

Attached Files:

10. I'm still GRUME, but stuff I ordered last month came in today. I do believe I am ready for Turkish Thursday for awhile.

11. IMG_0842.JPG Scored this on eBay for a completely insane price.

A Vintage Kent V14...
    A 35mm knot, 48mm loft brush with that Golden-hued Pre-70's badger (European badger I would assume) that is softer than anything available in todays brushes.
    Brush is basically new, except for being a gorgeous DEEP orange butterscotch color.

Here it is drying from a couple lathers and washes. Didn't drop a single hair. Only problem is I have nothing big enough to hang it from. This thing is significantly bigger than a Chubby 3.

Honestly how no clue how I won it for
    $50 plus shipping

Other ebay scores... 7" DB escher for $29
    7" Vintage paddle coti (looks like a gem from pics) for $95
    Puma with wood box for <$20... looks like someone shot it with birdshot, but the box alone sells for $20, and the damage to the razor seems to avoid the edge, so it should hone up just fine, even if it won't win any beauty pagents.
    8x2" Lily White for under $100

12. More stuff still coming in from May.

13. [​IMG]

100 of the most premium blades of the 1980s. All brand new. $25. A lucky eBay buy it now.

How am I fixed for blades? Just fine, thank you very much.

14. Even more from May.

15. Today I received a Smart Helix Apollo Razor. It looks fantastic and the presentation in the wood packaging is a nice touch. I can't wait to use it for the first time tomorrow.
    Steve

IMG_5161.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg
    IMG_5164.jpg

16. Hi all,

I found this one today at an "Antique Shop" out in the "Sticks!"
    It cleaned up nicely me thinks.

upload_2019-6-22_21-2-24.png
    upload_2019-6-22_21-3-3.png

GILLETTE TUCKAWAY (circa 1922 I believe).

SixCats!