What's new

JUNE 2018 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
June is here and Summer is fast approaching. With this warmer weather it is definitely time to sharpen the eye for that elusive fine when you least expect it.

The Scores await, whether they be in the wild and on line. When you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... I need one of THOSE....

Just picked up two NOS erasmic shave sticks from the late 60's early 70's with some vinatge wiko blades.

Went to the Maggard Meet yesterday and picked up a few things as well as some great samples to try. Great place, time, and people. I highly recommend it if you can make it. This was the second year me & my son Nate went and it is fantastic to meet some of the folks you see online and have some fun. I will warn anyone that it is a sensory overload on the old sniffer, but where else can you smell all the scents and fine products.
Steve

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9728.jpg

Over the last year I sold three 3-band brushes leaving only one, a nice Shavemac D01 silvertip in a Vlad Ferdman handle. I sold a few 2-band brushes, too, but have kept acquiring those. I decided to add a couple of 3-bands and this is the first. It is my first Chubby 1 (I've had a couple of CH2's) and my first Simpson's Super. I know there has been some debate on this but none of my Best grade brushes could compare to this hair. I must say I love this little brush.
DSCN2118[1].JPG

Another Holy Grail razor finally found. It came in a little strange and so I am asking some members to verify it's authenticity.
DSC02207.JPG

I wanted to get a Shavemac D01 Silvertip knot to have set into a Wolf Whiskers, but since I never win anything I haven't been able to get on the Waitlist for WW. Then suddenly Peter offered a few brushes on the WW facebook page so I landed this one with a TGN High Mountain White. It isn't a D01 Silvertip, but it ends my search for a couple of new 3-band brushes. I now have three to go with my nine 2-bands and one boar.
RSCN2134[1].JPG
RSCN2133[1].JPG

I wanted to get a Shavemac D01 Silvertip knot to have set into a Wolf Whiskers, but since I never win anything I haven't been able to get on the Waitlist for WW. Then suddenly Peter offered a few brushes on the WW facebook page so I landed this one with a TGN High Mountain White. It isn't a D01 Silvertip, but it ends my search for a couple of new 3-band brushes. I now have three to go with my nine 2-bands and one boar.View attachment 889357 View attachment 889358
Sweet brush. Wolf Whiskers are always a fine addition.

Not quite in the holy grail category, but definitely in the "better than the ones I got" category. All metal Merkur 71. Progress design without the adjustability.

DSC02239.JPG
DSC02240.JPG

For June:

Shaving soaps: one tub each of Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay and Rose and Black Pepper.

After shave: one bottle of Thayers Peach Witch Hazel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom