What's new

June 2017 Theme Shaves

Well we are at the halfway point of May so it's time to post June's themes so people can get ready. I am really excited about these themes that were recommended to me. Should be fun!

June 1st thru 6th Creams! Yes Creams in the Soap Forum*
June 7th thru 12th Summer Scents. It's summer what scents remind you of summer?
June 13th thru 17th Shave Sticks! Back by request use those sticks.
June 18th Father's Day***
June 19th thru 24th Top 6 Artisan** Soaps. Count em down!
June 25th thru 30th Top 6 Non - Artisan** Soaps. Count em down!

So who's in? What soaps do you plan on using?

*We have a new steward over in the Creams forum @Smattayu so let's use creams

** This is how you define Artisan. Not really wanting to create a debate about what is and what isn't an Artisan.

*** For Father's Day once again two options:
1. A soap that reminds you of your dad or the father figure in your life
2. A soap that was gifted to you for father's day

Last edited:

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Hey, from June 1st-6th I can use my Atkinsons For Gentlemen Shave Cream. It's a nice lavender with menthol. I've already started this morning. Alvarez Gomez is another nice cream for this time of year. I've been hankering to it also.

Hey, from June 1st-6th I can use my Atkinsons For Gentlemen Shave Cream. It's a nice lavender with menthol. I've already started this morning. Alvarez Gomez is another nice cream for this time of year. I've been hankering to it also.

Sounds like a great line up! Looking forward to your posts here. Join in as long as you can.

Thanks Chad! I'm in for at least part of every week. It's always nice to have an excuse to use Arko or La Toja, not that one is needed lol.

Sign me up!

June 1st-6th: The only cream I have is Captains Choice Bay Rum.
June 7th-12th: This will be very interesting. Tons of Stirling to choose from. Maybe even a little Chiseled Face.
June 13th-17th: I am without Shave Stick so I will just pretend.
June 18th: I usually don't shave on the weekends but who knows.
June 19th-24th: STIRLING. And then its a toss up.
June 25th-30th: I might have to bring out the Proraso again - which I don't love, but this could be some needed practice.

Thanks Chad! I'm in for at least part of every week. It's always nice to have an excuse to use Arko or La Toja, not that one is needed lol.

Always happy to have you Eric! Only Arko and La Toja? Ya know Palmolive can be found on the cheap at eBay. You have time!

Sign me up!

June 1st-6th: The only cream I have is Captains Choice Bay Rum.
June 7th-12th: This will be very interesting. Tons of Stirling to choose from. Maybe even a little Chiseled Face.
June 13th-17th: I am without Shave Stick so I will just pretend.
June 18th: I usually don't shave on the weekends but who knows.
June 19th-24th: STIRLING. And then its a toss up.
June 25th-30th: I might have to bring out the Proraso again - which I don't love, but this could be some needed practice.

Very nice line-ups! Happy to have you join in on the fun! May is currently going on also feel free to join us there too! We love to read about people's shaves and see SOTD Pics.

Always happy to have you Eric! Only Arko and La Toja? Ya know Palmolive can be found on the cheap at eBay. You have time!

ok, Valobra and Speick as well. I'll wait on Palmolive until I can add it to another order, like I've almost done about 6 times already. :lol:

CREAM? I have decided the only cream I will ever use is Proraso, nothing else is allow in my den ever again. I have considered TOBs but decided to skip it.
The rest, I'll wing it.

CREAM? I have decided the only cream I will ever use is Proraso, nothing else is allow in my den ever again. I have considered TOBs but decided to skip it.
The rest, I'll wing it.

Well we all know that soap is far superior to cream but I mean have to help Eric @Smattayu out ya know :001_tt2:

1st-6th Creams-using Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Sartorial, Musgo Classic, WM Neumann Signature 1907, Heartwood, 1911, Stone Cottage Suede de Kashmir

7th-12th summer scents- Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic, Piacenza, B&M 42, Stone Cottage Hesperide, SV 70th Anniversary, I Coloniali puck

13th-17th shave sticks- don't own any so I'll use Valobra Pachouli because they make a shave stick lol

18th Fathers Day- Stirling Barbershop, reminds me of going to barber when I was a kid with pop

19th-24th artisan soaps - Wholly Kaw week! Fougere Bouquet SE, Man From Mayfair, Chypre Rose Concerto, Washingtons Blend, Jamestown Gentleman, Dark Vetiver. Yea, I REALLY like his soaps and scents

25th-30th non artisan soaps- the only non artisan soap I guess would be Haslinger Schafmilch so I'll use it for 6 days! My face will thank me

oops thought I already signed up

6.1-6.6: Pen's Endymion, CO Bigelow, Proraso White, Proraso Cypress & Vetiver, TOBS St. James, AOS Eucalyptus, T&H Lime
6.7-6.12: SV Mostly, Mystic coco Sandawood, Stirling Pineapple, Nuavia Verde... an some others
6.13-6.17: La Toja, Speick
6.18: Mama Bear's Brute
6.19-6.24: Will decide that week as there are so many
6.25-6.30 See above

Thursday's Shave "Cream Week" Day 1
Penhaligon's Endymion Shave Cream

proxy.php

Count me in! I may end up skipping a few days here and there as I am on the road a bit this month and my Dopp kit can only hold little travel size stuff. Creams first, huh? I'll have to find my creams and dust them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June 1st Creams
Pre-Shave: cblindsay Vetiver Citrus
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (3)
Soap/cream: Godrej Cool Menthol
Brush: Razorock Plissoft Disruptor
Aftershave1: Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Aftershave2: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Cologne: Zcent Razorock Acqua

20170531_213000.jpg

Went with Captains Choice Bay Rum today as its my only cream. I use soaps (predominantly Stirling) 99% of the time. I tend to just enjoy them more though I have never really figured out why. Today I loaded too much on the brush so it took me a little longer than usual to lather. Ended up being a pretty good shave - very slick and smelled great. The cushion was not what I am used to, but that could be user error.

Anyway, just remembered that I own Santa Maria Del Fiore and I am going to consider that a cream so that I have a good excuse to use it. It is a soap that I really want to like but have just not gotten the hang of it yet.

Top Bottom